TBar1977

There is a lot going on with this story

Maybe yes, maybe not - but a number of posters here seem to be more eager to fan the flames than to find out what really happened.

On the internet people can't agree that 2+2 = 4, so good luck with ever knowing exactly beyond any and all shadow of doubt what happened. When this is all said and done there will still be two sides to the story and one side will claim the other is full of you know what. 

J has been put on paid leave

Suspended in first public move by new AD. Maybe they can buy some time for things to cool down, then bring him back. 

Also, this article states they are investigating "students and staff". How else to put it that staff is obviously the wrestling coach. 

http://www.startribune.com/j-robinson-placed-on-paid-administrative-leave-by-mark-coyle/381532691/

Edited by TBar1977

I wonder if jrob even makes a comeback at this point. His public statement made it very clear that he wasn't getting any real support (in his view) from the faculty at minnesota. Now that they have placed him on paid leave I wonder if he ever wants to return to the program - I imagine he may be feeling rather betrayed and he seems to be a man who is very much about loyalty.

Beginning of the end for JRob.    I had hopes (and still do) his celebrity in the area would help his cause, but this is the University distancing themselves from him and the inevitable  firing.   My hope is he does not face criminal charges.    

You can't draw any conclusions from this move by the AD. It is your standard cover-your-ass move and very predictable, especially for a guy who got hired as AD literally two or three days ago. It doesn't mean anything until the investigation is over and all the facts are laid out and assessed by the administration.

I wonder if jrob even makes a comeback at this point. His public statement made it very clear that he wasn't getting any real support (in his view) from the faculty at minnesota. Now that they have placed him on paid leave I wonder if he ever wants to return to the program - I imagine he may be feeling rather betrayed and he seems to be a man who is very much about loyalty.

He has plenty of financial reasons to want to stay. His 2014 reported pay was $143K plus I doubt he'll still be running his camps at Minnesota if he's not the coach.

The lawyer is intimating that the University is not telling the truth about some things it knows. Pretty bold claim on his part.  

Also on Tuesday, Robinson’s agent, James C.W. Bock, who issued a statement late Monday disputing allegations that Robinson acted improperly in self-policing the drug issue, wrote to the Star Tribune in a text message: “I have no further comment until the University starts telling the truth about what it knows.”

In my experience, the public will never get the full story.  If JRob gets to the point of being fully terminated, I'm sure all kind of confidentiality agreements will be struck and all sides will have to refrain from public comment.  Paid leave is not a good sign, but it's far from termination.  Like I said, much more information needed, but a good likelihood it will never head our way.

Anyone know what typically happens to University staff or coaches put on administrative leave? I know in law enforcement people tend to go back to their jobs the vast majority of the time after the "investigation"

Once jrob called out thecover-up (whether true or not).. the ass covering begins.. new AD had mtg with pres and he comes to conclusion to suspend w/ pay. Pres can't have a guy unwilling to follow protocol around

Suspended in first public move by new AD. Maybe they can buy some time for things to cool down, then bring him back.

Also, this article states they are investigating "students and staff". How else to put it that staff is obviously the wrestling coach.

http://www.startribune.com/j-robinson-placed-on-paid-administrative-leave-by-mark-coyle/381532691/

Could be JRob's direct supervisor who did not respond accordingly. Left things open for interpretation for JRob.

I do not conclude it is just JRob and staff..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lawyer is intimating that the University is not telling the truth about some things it knows. Pretty bold claim on his part.

Also on Tuesday, Robinson’s agent, James C.W. Bock, who issued a statement late Monday disputing allegations that Robinson acted improperly in self-policing the drug issue, wrote to the Star Tribune in a text message: “I have no further comment until the University starts telling the truth about what it knows.”

That's not what he's saying, since the university has yet to issue any kind of statement related to the events. What he IS saying is that he won't comment until the university discloses the truth once it is ready, i.e. the investigation is concluded. It wasn't an opinionated or suggestive comment at all from my interpretation. He was just saying, let's let the facts come out before I comment further....

One could argue that its a defense tactic. The agent is obviously going to side with J Rob and if the University fails to comment then that gives the "J Rob side" the opportunity to the make a compelling first impression for his story.

It's very simple. The university has said jack about the events. The lawyer is saying he won't comment until the university says something, and specifically, the truth. 

It wasn't the most eloquent comment in history but the point was clear. If you want to interpret ulterior motives and hidden meanings, that's certainly your choice, but there is no other meaning that can be objectively ascribed to what he said given the facts of the circumstances.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

That's not what he's saying, since the university has yet to issue any kind of statement related to the events. What he IS saying is that he won't comment until the university discloses the truth once it is ready, i.e. the investigation is concluded. It wasn't an opinionated or suggestive comment at all from my interpretation. He was just saying, let's let the facts come out before I comment further....

?? The response is accusatory and provocative at best..

?? The response is accusatory and provocative at best..

Again, you can't accuse someone of lying if they HAVEN'T SAID ANYTHING!! 

Is there an insinuation that the truth the university "knows" will absolve JRob of any wrongdoing? Sure! The guy is JRob's lawyer, what did you expect?

But there was absolutely NO statement in which the guy accused the university of lying, as someone suggested, since the university has not made any statements and therefore couldn't have lied.