Sign in to follow this  
smcfee

University Nationals-who is in?

Since we are only a week away.  Looked up the requirements, and am guessing this applies to Masters and PhD candidates too.

"Only the following individuals may participate as competitors in the 2016 University Nationals:

1. Students who are currently officially registered as proceeding towards a degree or diploma at a university or similar institute whose status is recognized by the appropriate national academic authority of their country.
  2. Former students of the institutions mentioned above who have obtained their academic degree or diploma in the year preceding the event.

All competitors must be U.S. citizens.  They must be at least 17 and less than 28 years of age on January 1, 2016.  Athletes must have graduated from high school in 2015 or before.  2016 graduates are not eligible.

Since the World Championships will be in October, that might eliminate a lot of potential competitors, but maybe not.  Just trying to see if anyone knows anyone who will be competing.  Entry list posted this far seems a little slim. Thoughts?

http://s400.trackwrestling.com/tw/opentournaments/MainFrame.jsp?newSession=false&sport=wrestling&TIM=1464293638786&pageName=&ie=false&frameSize=814

It's still a little early for pre-registrations. I hope that some of our big college guns go University's. I mean there are a lot of interesting choices:

Ringer

Gwiz

McIntosh

Gabe Dean

Adam Coon

IMart

Zain

Among others!

Pretty much all you have to do is be a current collegian at any level of study or graduated in the last 12 months.  So yep, lots of folks qualify. 

Are the worlds usually during the college season? 

Like Plasmodium said "Gantry" (if that's your real name), late October is before the college season starts.  Try and keep up guy...

The 19 Iowa guys came from a conversation I had with the Iowa staff this week.

Gilman, Sorensen, Kemerer, Meyer, Brooks, Wilcke, Holloway are the guys I remember off the top of my head.

Iowa State also registered their group recently.

Edited by hawktalk3