Sign in to follow this  
sbarrett5432

Beat the streets replays

Anyone know where i can watch the replays of beat the streets for free? somehow the flo vampires monopolized the coverage even though it was one basic cable. I don't have cable or the money to pay the flo vampires. Like 90 percent of their content is flo pro. I remember the days when you could watch super high profile matches that were NOT on flo pro. Those days are over i guess. 

Anyone know where i can watch the replays of beat the streets for free? somehow the flo vampires monopolized the coverage even though it was one basic cable. I don't have cable or the money to pay the flo vampires. Like 90 percent of their content is flo pro. I remember the days when you could watch super high profile matches that were NOT on flo pro. Those days are over i guess. 

Flo always releases their videos after a set number of days.  I think it's usually ~ 7 days from when the video is posted.  I think the only content they have that remains premium permanently are the the in depth documentaries, which are pretty expensive to produce.  

Flo always releases their videos after a set number of days.  I think it's usually ~ 7 days from when the video is posted.  I think the only content they have that remains premium permanently are the the in depth documentaries, which are pretty expensive to produce.  

Nope. this is still on pro.

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/42101-top-12-matches-of-the-weekend

Well, then i don't know.  I know that used to be their policy, which I really admired.  Hold the videos back for a week so the fans have to buy your product, but then release them so the youth and HS kids can learn even if their parents are not willing to put in $$$.   It's their business, so they can do with the video what they want, but it's very disappointing that this has all of a sudden stopped happening.   

Your wrestling fandom experience has been completely monetized.

I've lost a considerable amount of interest as a fan the past 3 years.

As a fan, I have no problem with it being monetized...We pay for ESPN, so why not flo, BTDN, etc.  I just really liked that they used to release the matches after the fact, maybe 1-2 weeks later, because I can imagine there are tons of kids who want to see the matches but don't have parents willing to shell out the money for the subscription (or possibly don't trust flo, since it is not mainstream).  

The amount of wrestling available to watch has gone up exponentially in the last three years, but your interest has gone down? This just makes you sound cheap. It costs money to produce this stuff. It's not unreasonable that the people who want to see it should pay for it.

Scribe is spot on. Others are right that we now have more wrestling coverage at our fingertips than ever before. But, only the hard core wrestling fans are benefiting. I'm in the same boat as Scribe and consider myself a hardcore fan, but I lose more interest every day. I just read an article that Flosports has over 100,000 subscribers. This is the future of wrestling. I'm not sure how we are going to grow wrestling to a fanbase that isn't familiar with the sport because it's behind a paywall. Yes, I understand they have to charge a fee to create content. I wonder what will happen when Flosports gets bought out by a conglomerate and we are stuck with it.

I understand stuff costs money and i understand why they need to charge for it - that's the way the world works. But they simply go overboard. I eventually found the replays on youtube but it's amazing how flo tries to charge for a public broadcasted event. They obviously found a way to make money off of a NBC sponsored event. good for them i guess. I can remember a day when i had a flopro membership and they would still run ads on a the page. If you pay for a subscription you shouldn't see adds, like wtf. So all I'm advocating for is how it was way back when flo was reasonable about their coverage - super high profile matches were pro only and the semi finals and finals to most tournaments. And hell they can even make that free too by running an ass load of ads on the video before it plays. This is how youtube makes millions - you give the people what they want, you get paid by your ads and everyone is happy and you won't have people like me blabbing on message boards about how they are vampires. Problem solved. 

Rant below is about fans in general, I'm not directing this specifically at sbarrett or any one person - many of whom have legit arguments and reasons on an individual level.

And hell they can even make that free too by running an ass load of ads on the video before it plays. This is how youtube makes millions - you give the people what they want, you get paid by your ads and everyone is happy and you won't have people like me blabbing on message boards about how they are vampires. Problem solved. 

Thousands of people complain about YouTube's business model every single hour, from the people who create the YouTube videos, the higher ups who "woe is me" about ad blockers to the corporations who are constantly taking down videos and the like.  No problem would be solved, none - people complain about their free coverage, people complain when they have paid coverage and do release the live stuff free shortly after, people complain about their ads, people complain about their announcers who have gotten lightyears better, people complain about things with Flo that haven't been an issue for years, people complain about every single aspect of their business.  No matter what Flo (or Intermat, or "insert wrestling company that charges for something here") does, people will complain about them. Full stop...

I'm not saying there aren't legit gripes about Flo, agree completely about ads for paid videos even though other places like Hulu do it.    But there's no one-size-fits all solution to having the level of coverage they do, hiring awesome folks to do it, trying to make money and keeping everyone happy.  Impossible...

People seem to forget how little live wrestling video coverage we had 20 years ago, paid or otherwise.  Seriously, what could you watch live wrestling wise in the 90s outside of 10% of the Olympic matches and a few duals a year for people within Iowa Public Television range?    There is so much available now compared to before, and a decent chunk of it is free. 

This is a niche sport with a niche fan base and EVERY SINGLE TIME people try to charge for anything related to wrestling - be it videos, website articles, USA Wrestling membership, etc people complain and want it all to be free.  We can't have the level of coverage we have now and have people who make a full time living covering wrestling if people won't pay to make that happen.  And even with that said, never at any time in the history of our sport has their been more coverage in every single facet available free of charge. While it may be trending to having more and more stuff behind a paywall, I think by and large we are spoiled as a fanbase and need to realize this is what fans of every other sport deal with on many levels. 

I do agree hat if you pay, there shouldn't be ads. That's the industry standard. It is very annoying to pay and still see the same number of ads, which are also played much more frequently than is standard in the industry.

That is not the industry standard. Hulu charges and they have ads. Cable television charges and they have ads. Streaming apps off network or cable TV (which you generally must have a login for and therefore a cable package) also have ads. HBO Now ($15 a month) also shows ads for HBO content.

Edited by wrestlingphish

I never said anything about wanting it for free.

I can't stress enough how I'm not singling out any particular person in this thread, apologies if you took it that way.  I have no doubt that you have a legitimate beef with how the streaming services have treated you and they've certainly had their growing pains. 

Guest Kingsland

I like trailers, but can't stand when they have actual product ads.

I never go to the movies lately anyways, because I tend to fall asleep (even when I like the movie).

I work at a movie theater, it's always super uncomfortable waking people up after the credits end. Last week I thought I almost gave some oldtimer a heart attack, but he was heartier than expected, and actually took a swing at me with his cane. Once he realized what was going on he apologized, and was pretty embarassed about the whole situation. Edited by Kingsland