http://www.flowrestling.org/article/42334-j-robinson-placed-on-administrative-leave

The new AD put JRob on "paid administrative leave" while they sort out allegations of drug dealing on the wrestling team. Not good news for JRob. Not good at all....

So, who gets the Interim Head Coaching title? Eggum has definitely put his time in. 

I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I also feel it had run its course.   With the usual contenders, the rise of several non traditional powers, and with the loaded powerhouse  Cael has, Minnesota just doesn't appear to strike much fear in those aiming for the top ranks.   Of course I couldn't have imagined a drug ring and drug abuse on his team would be the catalyst for his departure.   The major problem I see here going forward, is the staff may be smeared by the fallout of all this.   Do they have to start over, cleaning house and moving on from any connection to the leadership of the program?    I could see the team completely fall off the map, whit no return in the foreseeable future.  What a shame.   

There's no chance of that happening. MN is wrestling country and the U is one of the premiere programs in the sport's history. If (big if) the entire staff is replaced, the most qualified coaches in the country with maybe a dozen exceptions for the guys who are ideally situated will be very interested in the gig. A rock star staff is practically guaranteed.

Cletus - what really you talking about? Last year was a known reload year and I believe they had placed second the year before and medaled top 4 for several before that. To claim they're not a top tier program is pretty comical...

my guess is that they will have to clean house completely if it comes down to it...

i'm telling you...

metcalf goes straight to head coach and brings rockstar assistants with him and makes an impact immediately...

or not...

Cletus - what really you talking about? Last year was a known reload year and I believe they had placed second the year before and medaled top 4 for several before that. To claim they're not a top tier program is pretty comical...

No, they're certainly top tier, they just don't scare anybody.   They've lost a step, and others have stepped up.   The coach is suspended and the program is under investigation.    Let me ask you, what place do you see them finishing this coming season, (now that they've reloaded)?  I don't see them picking up any hardware and I see them trending downward.   How do you see it?  

No, they're certainly top tier, they just don't scare anybody.   They've lost a step, and others have stepped up.   The coach is suspended and the program is under investigation.    Let me ask you, what place do you see them finishing this coming season, (now that they've reloaded)?  I don't see them picking up any hardware and I see them trending downward.   How do you see it?  

Minny is a solid 6th place Big10 squad. This assumes half their roster isn't kicked off the team, though. 

my guess is that they will have to clean house completely if it comes down to it...

i'm telling you...

metcalf goes straight to head coach and brings rockstar assistants with him and makes an impact immediately...

or not...

But.....if he is brought in, will his team be content to lose to PSU all the time?

But.....if he is brought in, will his team be content to lose to PSU all the time?

You must not follow wrestling.  Penn State hasn't beaten Minny in a dual meet since 1998.  Also since 1998 Penn State has never placed ahead of Minny at the National Duals, despite 9 attempts to do so.

You must not follow wrestling. Penn State hasn't beaten Minny in a dual meet since 1998. Also since 1998 Penn State has never placed ahead of Minny at the National Duals, despite 9 attempts to do so.

Lol. 3 out of 10.

PSU, winners of 5 of the last 6 NCAA Championships.

You must not follow wrestling.  Penn State hasn't beaten Minny in a dual meet since 1998.  Also since 1998 Penn State has never placed ahead of Minny at the National Duals, despite 9 attempts to do so.

What about the events that decide championships such as BigTens and NCAAs, oh that's right, 1-11 since 2011.

That being said, yes I must admit it would of been highly entertaining to watch PSU beat Minnesota by 30-40 points in a dual this past season, or to see PSU get the win on current tie breaker rules back in 2011 or not see the ref mess up the call on Beitz in 2014. Oh well, lets hope they get back on the schedule next year so Penn State can begin what may be a generation long winning streak. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger