He's like that Japanese pilot that was shot down during World War II and then lived in hiding for 30 years as if the the war was still going on. 

We desperately need a bury your head in the sand emoticon around here. 

What about the events that decide championships such as BigTens and NCAAs, oh that's right, 1-11 since 2011.

That being said, yes I must admit it would of been highly entertaining to watch PSU beat Minnesota by 30-40 points in a dual this past season, or to see PSU get the win on current tie breaker rules back in 2011 or not see the ref mess up the call on Beitz in 2014. Oh well, lets hope they get back on the schedule next year so Penn State can begin what may be a generation long winning streak. 

So which is the greater domination:  Penn State going 1,1,1,1,6,1 compared to Minny's 7,2,3,2,8,17 over the last six years at NCAA's, or Minnys 10 National Duals finals appearances with 8 titles compared to PSU's futility of 7 dnp's, a 3rd, and a 6th place since 1998?

And I do concede that if the Penn State coaches had actually known the rulebook they may have won a dual meet versus Minny in the last 18 years.

So which is the greater domination:  Penn State going 1,1,1,1,6,1 compared to Minny's 7,2,3,2,8,17 over the last six years at NCAA's, or Minnys 10 National Duals finals appearances with 8 titles compared to PSU's futility of 7 dnp's, a 3rd, and a 6th place since 1998?

And I do concede that if the Penn State coaches had actually known the rulebook they may have won a dual meet versus Minny in the last 18 years.

Easily Penn State because EVERYONE eligible attends the NCAA championship. The Natty Duals gets skipped every year by multiple top teams, so winning it pales in comparison to winning the NCAA Championship. 

BTW, I expect Penn State to win a ton of NCAA Championships during the next 20 years. Minny Haha not so much. 

Edited by TBar1977

Easily Penn State because EVERYONE eligible attends the NCAA championship. The Natty Duals gets skipped every year by multiple top teams, so winning it pales in comparison to winning the NCAA Championship.

BTW, I expect Penn State to win a ton of NCAA Championships during the next 20 years. Minny Haha not so much.

Why would anyone take Metcalf as a Head Coach if they could get Jordan Burroughs?  IF anyone is "the next Cael" who was supposedly "the next Dan Gable", I think it is Burroughs. 

I think he should be the next Gopher coach! 

Edited by JerryCallo

Cael would not take the Minnesota job if they offered to buy out his contract and more than double his salary. He isn't stupid.

I totally agree. His coaching would be questioned if he wasn't successful immediately.

You must not follow wrestling.  Penn State hasn't beaten Minny in a dual meet since 1998.  Also since 1998 Penn State has never placed ahead of Minny at the National Duals, despite 9 attempts to do so.

Really? Are you forgetting about this most recent season, where Penn State won it?

Really? Are you forgetting about this most recent season, where Penn State won it?

Pirate, I've specified elsewhere that I only consider a bracketed knockout to be worthy of being called the National Duals.  Cael's exhibition bowl series is a disaster.  I suspect that if his team is not ranked #1 or #2 he will refuse to participate.

Pirate, I've specified elsewhere that I only consider a bracketed knockout to be worthy of being called the National Duals. Cael's exhibition bowl series is a disaster. I suspect that if his team is not ranked #1 or #2 he will refuse to participate.

And if he does, then fine. PSU could hold a great dual that wknd and increase total wrestling attendance for the wknd.

We Penn State fans won't mind, even if Minny wins.

Edited by TBar1977

What about the events that decide championships such as BigTens and NCAAs, oh that's right, 1-11 since 2011.

That being said, yes I must admit it would of been highly entertaining to watch PSU beat Minnesota by 30-40 points in a dual this past season, or to see PSU get the win on current tie breaker rules back in 2011 or not see the ref mess up the call on Beitz in 2014. Oh well, lets hope they get back on the schedule next year so Penn State can begin what may be a generation long winning streak.

You tried too hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk