Campus police have finished their investigation and no charges have been filed.  The U of MN is still investigating trying to salvage their tattered reputation by making JRob the fall guy.  They'll discover that he is no patsy.

Campus police have finished their investigation and no charges have been filed. The U of MN is still investigating trying to salvage their tattered reputation by making JRob the fall guy. They'll discover that he is no patsy.

Is there a source? If true, that is a major development.

I keep coming back to this thread hoping that there is some more insight and details with the original story....wishful thinking...

The only "insight" that you get from this thread is that the PSUers head's continue to get bigger and bigger and bigger up there at the Cult Compound.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Jasonmitchell32

Why would anyone take Metcalf as a Head Coach if they could get Jordan Burroughs? IF anyone is "the next Cael" who was supposedly "the next Dan Gable", I think it is Burroughs.

I think he should be the next Gopher coach!

Great wrestler but no significant coaching experience. He needs to become a top assistant first. Head coaches need to be managers, experts on promotion, and excellent communicators (both oral and written). Burroughs needs to demonstrate that he has the requisite head coaching skills first. Being a gold medalist isn't one of them!

That article does nothing to explain what J Rob's actions were after he learned of drug dealing

A report is out there alleging pills being dumped in a river, plus J Rob in receipt of thousands of pills, plus a statement made regarding his wrestlers dealing Xanax for profit. The article that addresses JRob's actions on those aspects of the story is the important one. 

The article NYW posted states JRob notified superiors of possible drug use AND SALES.

The author wrote that, but the e mails supplied by JRobs lawyer makes no mention os selling or dealing. If the e mails support that claim, the author failed to support that.

The author wrote that, but the e mails supplied by JRobs lawyer makes no mention os selling or dealing. If the e mails support that claim, the author failed to support that.

Actually, here is what the author wrote:

"Emails uncovered by the St. Paul Pioneer-Press and other media in the Twin Cities indicate J Robinson, long-time head wrestling coach at the University of Minnesota, had informed his superiors about his concerns about possible drug use and sales on the part of some of his athletes."

I dunno, somehow to me that sounds more substantial than a quote from a single "anonymous source"

(edit, note underlined added)

Edited by redblades

Actually, here is what the author wrote:

"Emails uncovered by the St. Paul Pioneer-Press and other media in the Twin Cities indicate J Robinson, long-time head wrestling coach at the University of Minnesota, had informed his superiors about his concerns about possible drug use and sales on the part of some of his athletes."

I dunno, somehow to me that sounds more substantial than a quote from a single "anonymous source"

Has anyone actually clicked on the link in the intermat article?  It directly says: 

"Emails acquired by the Pioneer Press on Friday indicate that Gophers wrestling coach J Robinson informed supervisors of suspicions that members of his wrestling team were using drugs in early March".

It specifically says suspicions of "using".  I think Palmer added "sales" to the article.  If you read further in the Pioneer Press article it talks about J being put on paid leave pending the results of campus and school investigations into allegations that U wrestlers were using and selling the drugs.

I hope that clarifies things.