Don't twist words. There are a lot of folks (myself included) that think maybe the time has come for a change. But I've never seen anyone else say they want J to remain coaching so he would fail giving their team an advantage. That's you and only you.

Not twisting anything. Like you I think it is time for a change at Minnesota. And once you admit that this is the case, I think to be honest you'd have to admit things are not headed in the right direction for Minnesota wrestling, otherwise why change? 

I only say I want J Rob to stay on to counter the trolls who play the haterade card. Truth be told, I don't really care. PSU has a great coach and coaching wise that is the most important thing to me. 

Foley: The other alternative is to fire J, which I'm assuming the school's lawyers have informed the AD would be costly to defend against if/when J would file a wrongful termination suit.

Not if J had an "at will" employment contract like many coaches.

....not true.. all he would have to prove is discrimination. After all he is in a protected class in a very liberal state.

The St Paul Pioneer Press has reported that the U of MN's investigation was begun because of an anonymous complaint to the U's whistle blower service EthicsPoint.  Kafka would have enjoyed the irony of this saga without substance.

Robinson refusing to cooperate with a police investigation of drug dealers should get him fired, if not prosecuted.

Clean house buy dumping his entire staff as well and get rid of any wrestlers who may be questionable on the drug use or dealing.

Start over with new people not associated with the illegal activities.

The only "insight" that you get from this thread is that the PSUers head's continue to get bigger and bigger and bigger up there at the Cult Compound.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, Cael is a mormon.

The only "insight" that you get from this thread is that the PSUers head's continue to get bigger and bigger and bigger up there at the Cult Compound.

Well, Cael is a mormon.

Good point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coyle "you'd have to ask J that", "you'd have to ask the wrestlers", "I'm not aware of that", "that was before I got here", etc, etc.  His only talking point was "J was not forthcoming". 

They were asking him dumb questions.  "Was J not forthcoming because he wanted to be loyal to his wrestlers?"  Yeah, obviously that's why he did it, but so what?  What else is there to say?  They had an employee go rogue and then refuse to cooperate...On a Xanax selling ring in the team.. Do they want him to say it's ok because he was being loyal? That's not how being an adult works.  

You can't ask somebody a question about why somebody else did something.  

Edited by Billyhoyle

J gave them no choice. You can defend him as a person, but you can't defend his conduct throughout this case. Disobeying his superiors, stonewalling a college and police investigation, likely destroying evidence. Some of what he did was against school policy, but some was probably illegal for someone in his position. Defending him at this point is essentially saying that the AD is lying about all of the stuff in the termination letter.

His athletes unfortunately put him in a very tough spot, and he made some bad decisions that he compounded by digging his heels in and refusing to budge. It stinks that this is how it ends for him. It doesn't erase the last thirty years of success, but it has a bad ending.

People will go online and talk about J's character and what he taught them and many other wrestlers over the years, and they will be right to do so. His legacy should still be secure and he won't be remembered just for the ending.