This is still an issue at Minnesota?   I kept reading in the previous posts how this was all about nothing, there was nothing there, Gopher haters, etc.    Well it goes to show how little some know on these boards.  I'm with J Rob the person on this but the professional deserves the ax and he got it.    So much for that.    

So where are all the posters who said this was a non-issue and J Rob had no chance of being fired?  Crickets...

Those posters posted what they wanted to see happen, but their posts had nothing to do with reality. They are basically unable to separate his career achievements (the good) from his recent decision making (the poor).

Coaches who have as much success as J had for as many years as he had get the pleasure of reading msg. board posts from their fans about how their character is unassailable. The problem here is that all of a sudden they get their place in things mixed up. They begin to think they are the highest rung on the ladder when they are still just the coach. Flaunting your position and power like he did never ends well. 

Will Flowrestling get to the bottom of this. In the editorial Martin Floreani wrote, he states,

"And so here at FloWrestling, we are going to seek the truth. It will not be instantaneous. But we will work to uncover every facet of this story, to speak to every person involved, and to do the kind of diligent reporting that J has not been afforded thus far."

I can't wait to see what Martin/Flowrestling uncovers. Will they fulfill their statement?

Edited by thefatman

Will Flowrestling get to the bottom of this. In the editorial Martin Floreani wrote, he states,

"And so here at FloWrestling, we are going to seek the truth. It will not be instantaneous. But we will work to uncover every facet of this story, to speak to every person involved, and to do the kind of diligent reporting that J has not been afforded thus far."

I can't wait to see what Martin/Flowrestling uncovers. Will they fulfill their statement?

Doubtful. Martin appears to be good on the business end of things, but IMO his editorial pieces are not much to scream about. Remember his 2008 epic titled "No More Communism"? That was a superb piece, I am surprised Flo doesn't have that gem of a write up still posted online.

I highly doubt there were many that didn't think he would inevitably be terminated.  No doubt, there were many(me included) who don't think he should have been.  However, this is a PC society more than ever.  There was no way the events that went down were going to be swept away without someone being held accountable.  As soon as it went public J Rob was going to be gone.  Expecting the Athletic Department to step up and take any responsibility was about as naive as an expectation could be.......

If people really want to be upset, what about the stupid kids (young adults) that put him in this situation, or better yet, what about the incompetent parents that raised these kids!   

You mean Criminals involved in a criminal conspiracy? Drug pushers?

J Robinson is protecting criminals and may well be found to be one himself with interfering in police investigations.

If it is pushed we may see him prosecuted as well.

WillieBoy, at 3:30 AM you should be sleeping rather than stirring the pot.  Both the Minneapolis City Attorney's and the Hennepin County Attorney's Office have already declined to prosecute citing lack of evidence.  Maybe you can make something up for them..

WillieBoy, at 3:30 AM you should be sleeping rather than stirring the pot.  Both the Minneapolis City Attorney's and the Hennepin County Attorney's Office have already declined to prosecute citing lack of evidence.  Maybe you can make something up for them..

Of course there is no evidence. Didn't it get reported that J Rob took all the pills that didn't get thrown in the river and would not co operate. 

none of this would have even been an issue if drug laws in the USA weren't so terrible. I don't want college kids abusing xanax or alcohol or any other drug but we shouldn't make criminals out of those that do. 

but whatever, I've already waded too far into these waters as it is. 

Since I was out doing measurements of Auroras & star trails in the night sky - WHY should I be sleeping? Out setting up gear and telescopes and in on the computers calibrating for accurate readings. Not all of us are limited to daytime work.

As for J Robinson and the criminals he is protecting - they know the stuff is illegal and chose to do it anyway. Why any surprise that J was fired from the University. He deserves it for obstructing justice in this case.

Since I was out doing measurements of Auroras & star trails in the night sky - WHY should I be sleeping? Out setting up gear and telescopes and in on the computers calibrating for accurate readings. Not all of us are limited to daytime work.

As for J Robinson and the criminals he is protecting - they know the stuff is illegal and chose to do it anyway. Why any surprise that J was fired from the University. He deserves it for obstructing justice in this case.

A very key piece of information appears to be missing from the "J Rob didn't cooperate and therefore was obstructing" perspective. That may be completely WRONG.

Per University policy, J may not be allowed to be the direct liaison to law enforcement. Perhaps his cooperation with the AD constituted his correct responsibility, and further contact with law enforcement would be done by the AD and the University lawyers - and that it was, in fact, his job responsibility to 'stay out of' law enforcement discussion. 

One would think that this is a fairly simple concept that the University would want to deal with potential liability and lawsuit situations - and that they wouldn't necessarily want J Rob to get involved directly with law enforcement. The same would seem very likely for all of the sports coaching staff. Let the coaches coach, and let the University assign the right people to handle legal and law enforcement issues. (Lawyers aren't coaching the wrestling team, why would we expect the coaches to deal with legal issues?)

Unless, of course, you don't care about reality and are more interested in trying to lay blame in a situation you don't understand - which is weak, but not entirely unexpected from some of the crowd.

A very key piece of information appears to be missing from the "J Rob didn't cooperate and therefore was obstructing" perspective. That may be completely WRONG.

Per University policy, J may not be allowed to be the direct liaison to law enforcement. Perhaps his cooperation with the AD constituted his correct responsibility, and further contact with law enforcement would be done by the AD and the University lawyers - and that it was, in fact, his job responsibility to 'stay out of' law enforcement discussion. 

One would think that this is a fairly simple concept that the University would want to deal with potential liability and lawsuit situations - and that they wouldn't necessarily want J Rob to get involved directly with law enforcement. The same would seem very likely for all of the sports coaching staff. Let the coaches coach, and let the University assign the right people to handle legal and law enforcement issues. (Lawyers aren't coaching the wrestling team, why would we expect the coaches to deal with legal issues?)

Unless, of course, you don't care about reality and are more interested in trying to lay blame in a situation you don't understand - which is weak, but not entirely unexpected from some of the crowd.

It's very different when he is a person of interest in the investigation due to the fact that he may have destroyed evidence/helped cover it up.  It would be one thing if he immediately informed the admin about the situation, and then referred law enforcement to the uni for all comment.  Instead, he took the matter into his own hands and became a part of the investigation.  JRob probably had the best interest of the athletes and university in mind, but in doing so he opened them up to potentially millions of dollars in liability (student lawsuits in case of OD) as well as potential NCAA sanctions. Both of those are unacceptable to admins, so J had no chance of surviving the investigation.  

WillieBoy=TBar=21guns.

I would like to put one of them lower but I'm not sure how you can get deeper into the cesspool.

dtl = headshuck = cant handle what MINNESOTA'S ath director did to their wrestling coach who messed up

See how easy this is. Anyone can do what you did.

I've been accepting of the MN situation as it evolved.  You've been intolerable for months and more people are expressing their opinion of you.

I have been completely accepting of it too. 

As for you and your buddies not liking it when people point out the obvious to you, I can't help that.