Sign in to follow this  
Flying-Tiger

Destin McCauley Sweepstakes

Will he still have 4 years of eligibility, or does this year count against him? He graduated in 2011, correct? Just curious how that works.

If he never enrolled in classes he will have his full eligibility. Read his twitter feed and it doesn't mention specific schools. Considering his thoughts on Sandy Hook, we can safely rule out Harvard.

Will he still have 4 years of eligibility, or does this year count against him? He graduated in 2011, correct? Just curious how that works.

If he never enrolled in classes he will have his full eligibility. Read his twitter feed and it doesn't mention specific schools. Considering his thoughts on Sandy Hook, we can safely rule out Harvard.

There is a new rule that starts the clock to prevent people from taking other training options for a few years to develop.

I expect the four years of eligibility in five years from his high school graduation will be applied.

What programs currently have strong relationships with the OTC? I have to think it will be a heartland program.

THe honorable thing is to honor his committment, but I don't really see him coming to Iowa State. I would think that Iowa or Minnesota are not going to give him anything close to what Iowa State offered him scholarship wise.

Not sure what many of the schools have left for scholarship money

With his history or committing and not showing up.

Will coaches be reluctant to throw alot of scholarship money at him?

and

How does this reflect in his committment to anything or program?

He will fit right in at Oklahoma State. I am sure he has wrestled with Coleman a lot and just so I can stir up the rumor mill I have heard from one of the locker room guys at the OTC that he is coming to Stillwater. The first one that denies this rumor will be someone who wants him for their school. :D

He will fit right in at Oklahoma State. I am sure he has wrestled with Coleman a lot and just so I can stir up the rumor mill I have heard from one of the locker room guys at the OTC that he is coming to Stillwater. The first one that denies this rumor will be someone who wants him for their school. :D

Not sure why you think that. Dierenger is a very good freshman at McCauley's ideal weight. Caldwell still has another year at 165 and Kindig comes off redshirt next year at 149. OSU seems like one of the least likely places to go after him. Believe me I want him for my school, but I KNOW there is ZERO chance of that happening!

No way is he going at Dierenger's weight. Why not go to a room that is filled with Olympians and/or national champions close to his weight? You have arguably the best wrestler to set foot on a mat who just gave a brilliant clinic on Flo about the low single. You have the Bronze Medalist from the past Olympics and Oh by the way, Jordan Oliver will be in the room as a workout partner and coach while training for the Olympics. I do not know if he is coming to OSU but for anyoe to say it is not in the realm of possibility is whilstling past the graveyard so that Oklahoma State will not jump up and grab him instead of their program.

THe honorable thing is to honor his committment, but I don't really see him coming to Iowa State. I would think that Iowa or Minnesota are not going to give him anything close to what Iowa State offered him scholarship wise.

Not sure what many of the schools have left for scholarship money

Not to get in the way of your martyr complex, but wouldn't the "honorable thing" then be to honor his commitment to Wisconsin. You know, since he committed there first.

No way is he going at Dierenger's weight. Why not go to a room that is filled with Olympians and/or national champions close to his weight? You have arguably the best wrestler to set foot on a mat who just gave a brilliant clinic on Flo about the low single. You have the Bronze Medalist from the past Olympics and Oh by the way, Jordan Oliver will be in the room as a workout partner and coach while training for the Olympics. I do not know if he is coming to OSU but for anyoe to say it is not in the realm of possibility is whilstling past the graveyard so that Oklahoma State will not jump up and grab him instead of their program.

For all that you said you still didn't say where I was wrong. Where would he actually fit into the lineup for it to be worth OSU ponying up the scholly money he would want to go there?

For all that you said you still didn't say where I was wrong. Where would he actually fit into the lineup for it to be worth OSU ponying up the scholly money he would want to go there?

Well, I could be wrong also but you mentioned Dierenger as a reason he would not come to Oklahoma State and I said he would not be going at Direnger's weight. He is wrestling at 145.5 at the Olympic training center. He could go either 141 or 149 atlhouth i admit 141 is a stretch. Kindig is a redshirt senior and will be at 149. He would have 4 years at 149 after Kindig left. We have had very good wrestlers redshirt one year while waiting to wrestle including Kindig who beat him the last time they wrestled. Again, he would come due to the wrestlers that are in the room in Stillwater. I did not say he will come and I am sure he will make the rounds before making a decision. Your statement that it was not even in the realm of possibility is really only a hope on your part that it will be your program. As far as keeping any kind of committment sacred that is ascribing some type of "honor" to keeping a 2 year old committment. He has no moral or legal or any other type of obligation to go to Iowa State after spending two years at the training center. Frankly, Iowa State is a good choice for him if he wants to go but he is not honor bound to do so. I would not even make the statement that we are in the lead for his wrestling skills. I have no idea where he would like to go but if it is still up in the air for him Oklahoma State is just as logical a choice as any other school. I do know we were at least in the running prior to his committments to Wisconsin and Iowa State. I certainly do not think we get whoever we go after but if John and Eric want him they will present a strong argument for him to come to Stillwater.

Would look good in the Black and Gold of the Missouri Tigers!!

Go Tigers

Word on the street down here is this may just end up being the case....

Or perhaps not

Are you sure Fudge supposedly he is very tight with a certain Tiger recruit currently at the OTC. They think it would be great to join J"Den in Columbia where he would be able to be tutored by Sammie.