Sign in to follow this  
nom

World cup - USA results

Joining the stream late.

Dieringer was up 3-0 in 2nd period.

India hit a sweet duck to get 2.  Then got another TD as Dieringer had to bail.

Dieringer gets 1 pt pushout but loses on critieria.

Had to score again but waited too long to fire fully and while he got behind the Indian competitor he was not able to break him down out of the quad pod position in time.  Looked very very close but review did not reverse the call on no TD.

So Dieringer loses on criteria.

----------

Cox vs Pawan

Is able to grab Pawan's right ankle and converts for 2!

Huge DOUBLE LEG FOR 4!!!  No, they only gave 2.  BS.  He did turn but that back was exposed before he bailed.  Camera had it clear (to me at least).

4-0.    Then Pawan returns the favor with his own double leg.  J'Den clearly bailed though, no exposure.

Front Headlock for J'Den, is able to hook a leg and scores 2!  

Pawan goes in for double but J'Den has nice sprawl.  As Pawan get out J'Den surges and gets the pushout.  7-2.

I'm hearing the Iranian Kazoos and chants.  (I think that is what it was).

2nd period, Cox low, cat like.  I'm liking all the different grip variations I'm seeing.  Trying russians, trying arm drag, seeing the double grip on wrist.  

Pawan goes in, gets to J'Den's leg but J'Den kick's over and nearly pins Pawan!!  Nope.  9-2.  J'Den showing a lot of technique.  

Now a single, gets to other ankle and boom.  11-2.  

HUGE J'Den fan.  HUGE.  Love it.

blood time?

Snyder vs Satywart

Snyder shots off whistle but misses.  But then goes again and gets it.  2-0 with only 17 seconds expired.

Snyder looks bigger.  

things have slowed.  Lots of head to head pushing. 

2 min in Snyder goes for double and gets the angle and gets behind.  4-0.

Snyder attacks but Satywart blocks in and reaches across to Snyder's far ankle and nearly gets the TD but Snyder has a whizzer and is able to square up.  I am very surprised that wasn't a TD for Satywart.  Great D by Snyder to react so quickly and hold that off.

thanks LemonPie.

2nd period.  Reattack by Snyder to a front headlock to a go behind.  6-0.

he should be thinking of this as practice for his Par Terre.  

Satywart shot but Snyder blocks and goes behind.  Now tries a lace, he rolls with it, but Satywart doesn't roll.  Feet slipped out.

Satywart goes in and Snyder uses underhook to throw him by and get behind.  10-0.  All done.

A few thoughts from round one:

1. Tony Ramos seemed to be changing levels more than normal, but didn't have a lot of offense all the same. He ended up in the brands position several times but couldn't finish it once. Criteria win wasn't pretty but a win is a win.

2. Molinaro is not very exciting to watch wrestle freestyle.

3. Green looked absolutely fantastic - can't help but think 65 is too much of a cut for him. Looks like a totally different wrestler vs trials.

4. Derringer needed to open up sooner. I thought the knee touched on his last attempt, buthe the refs didn't see it that way. Would be nice to see him open up a little more.

5. Cox and Snyder are looking fantastic. Very fluid and hit several different attacks to get their takedowns.

Great first round - can't wait for round 2 vs aze.

Rashidov vs Khinchegashvili (GEO) --  Pyle (I think) saying K is #1 in world.  Rashidov ranked 9th.  

- shot clock point given to K.  1-0.  

K goes in on shot, has ankle and far ankle pinned behind.  Gets the TD.  Rashidov still fighting though.  Stalemate.  3-0 K.  Period over.

2nd - Head to head, a flurry but no real threat.  1:40 left.  Rashidov gets TD (missed it).  3-2 K.

20 sec.  R has front headlock, tries arm spin.  Nope.  K wins 3-2.

Hassan vs Magomedov (AZE) -- I won't be watching that one much.  Mag in on shot.  Has ankle, Hassan working a trick knee, sitting back.  Can Mag convert?  Does not but gets a point for pushout (or was it shot clock?).    Hassan gets in to leg but period ends.

Hassan is now winning 4-1.  H is in again.  gets behind, 6-1.  And another TD.  8-1.  Hassan simply better. 30 sec to go.  Mag goes in but another spin behind.  10-1.  And a few seconds left .. Hassan drives and gets step out? Yes, I think awarded 11-1 right as last second expires.

Edited by nom

Adzhiev (Rus) vs Lomtadze (Geo) -   1:30 in and it is 0-0.  There is action but no points yet.  L shots but blocked off then A tries an inside-trip.  Nothing.  0-0.    L warned for passivity.  1 min left.  He is on shot clock.    Doesn't get it.  0-1.  Ad has a body lock but hips apart.  Steps in but nope, whistle.  Period ends.  

2nd period.   Shot clock.  Now 1-1.  1 min to go.   One point blue for something ... Something about Adz elbow?  I missed it.  Challenge cube thrown but Adz waives it away.   Adz goes for big back arch throw but Lom settles in and gets two for exposure.  Wins 4-1!!!

Behnam (Iran) vs Gvarzatilov (AZE) - Action happening.  Gvar tries throw but misses, in whizzer situation, squares up and away.   Beh gets in and lifts leg high up on shoulder, now lower,  trying to get Gvar down.  AND DOES NOT!  Gvar gets leg away.  Wow.  That is so amazing how you can defend in that situation.  Gvar now goes in and quickly converts!  Then tries a gut but doesn't work.  Wow.  Scramble Big time!!!  2-0 Gvar still.  No more back but that was cool.  

And another huge scramble!!  Beh gets behind but quad pod as time runs out.  Challenge cube.  Not sure if accepted.

2nd period --  Another huge scramble.  Behnam gets 2!  This is a great match.  Need to see this one.  I might stop typing this stuff.  Damn hard watching 2 matches and typing about them.  Behnam has criteria.30 sec to go.  Both firing.  Blocking.  Gvar goes deep but backs out.  15 sec .. Stuck under.  All done.  Behnam wins.

The Meisam vs Muslimov match is a great one too!

Some really great high action wrestling going on with both mats.

I LOVE THE NEW FREESTYLE RULES!   This product is 10000 times better than the ball grab crap.

Tlashadze (GEO) is beating Valiev (RUS) 7-2.   But big double by Aliev but only 2 -- 7-4.  Aliev in but Tlad breaks it with deep under and then reattack and coversion for Tlash -- 9-4.  Then snap and go behind.  11-4.  25 sec to go.  

Georgia in the house!  Now a crazy looking TD for Tlashadze ... 13-4.  Clock is not ticking for a bit after start ... Times up now.  13-4.

Tsabolov forces a fireman's position and forces the dump to Makarashvili's back.  He wanted it an he got it.  4-0.  Now TD and Gut.  8-0.  Not and even match.  Just finish it T!    and he does.  Impressive. 10-0 with TD at the end.

Omarov (Aze) is winning vis Mostafa 6-3 ... and that is the final.

Hassan vs Aliyev A. 

Sure enough, end up in whizzer situation with Aliyev applying the whizzer .... Hassan adjusts, adjusts and adjusts, Aliyev holding the whizzer, Hassan shelves Aliyev's leg.  Then gets the arm out.  TD.    Missed position but Hassan puts A in danger.  5-0

Kudiamagomedov va Marsagishvili  .. Russian coach is out on mat with brick.  

Crap, I'm missing stuff.   I'm out ...