Plasmodium

Hassan Yazdani

I thought he was the most impressive wrestler of the event.

Obviously, JB is the best for a reason, but I doubt he'll school Yazdani. I expect it to be reasonably close, maybe a 4-point gap or something of that order. This kid has excellent position and controls the mat very well.

I like a healthy JB vs any opponent right now, but no one is schooling Yazdani.  I expect a JB win, but it should be interesting.

Yazdani has great length and power, if he can force JB into wrestling in close quarters, there could be trouble.

That said, Burroughs dictates distance on his feet as well as anyone I've ever seen, and if Yazdani is slightly off with his reach, it's two for JB.

The way he moved Ringer around was extremely impressive. Dieringer wasn't comfortable for one second. His feel for the snaps is unreal.

I can remember Dake controlling Burroughs with an underhook, and Yazdani has one of the best underhooks I have ever seen. He could give Burroughs some trouble, but I expect a Burroughs win.

I like a healthy JB vs any opponent right now, but no one is schooling Yazdani. I expect a JB win, but it should be interesting.

Yazdani has great length and power, if he can force JB into wrestling in close quarters, there could be trouble.

That said, Burroughs dictates distance on his feet as well as anyone I've ever seen, and if Yazdani is slightly off with his reach, it's two for JB.

Yazadani got schooled last year in the world final vs Gazimagomedov at 70kg. I love Burrough's chances. Edited by AnklePicker

Yazdani has not the pure strength nor size needed to implement those kind of tactics on Burroughs, and Jordan is way too collected and strategically brilliant to get drawn in psychologically.  I will never accept Burroughs at the G.O.A.T. because he avoids contact and tie ups (which I consider essentially wrestling), but he is going to have to be forced into it by something more powerful then my meaningless opinion.  Dake and Howe both have had good luck with it; Yazdani will get blown over at least a couple times. 

Just watched his match with Dieringer.  Despite a glaring size disadvantage, he completely dominated physically. Did Gable come out of retirement and move to Iran?  That is how Iowa is supposed to wrestle!

I like this guy, but JB is going to school him.

you thought Ringer was bigger than Charati?

i thought they looked a weight class a part - in the other direction. Little Yaz is huge. 

Man you guys lack some serious prospective. Just because this guy teched our 3rd string 74kg guy (who was 1-1 in his only 2 senior level international matches before this one mind you) doesn't mean he is going to keep it close with Burroughs. Keep in mind this is the same Iranian who got absolutely mauled by Gadz less than 9 months ago at 70kg. Same guy who had an unimpressive win against the old washed up Aliyev at this same tourney by a score of 9-5.

In fact I would bet that if Geduev and Yazdani were to face each other before Burroughs - Guduev would beat him 10-0. I think Yazdani is quite a bit below the elite guys at 74, let alone the world champ.

We'll see soon enough how far below he really is. It's difficult to assess young talent that's operating at a very high level. Many doubted Pico's ability to handle senior domestic guys and he was an ass hair away from being our Olympian. I really don't think JB is going to torch him so easily and highly doubt Geduev would either, no matter what happened at 70 kg.

you thought Ringer was bigger than Charati?

i thought they looked a weight class a part - in the other direction. Little Yaz is huge. 

I agree 100%.  First time I ever thought Dieringer looked small.

I never understood how wrestling fans feel they can accurately gage how someone is big/small for their weight class via their own eyeball.

Yazdani look to be significantly taller the Dieringer, but Dieringer seemed to have thicker legs.

Neither has huge arms/chest

Really in Iran we are not sure about little Yaz too, because he has special characteristics that make it possible to got pinned by Geduev or Burroughs less than 1 minute, or beat them 12-2 or 16-6 or some thing ;)

Really in Iran we are not sure about little Yaz too, because he has special characteristics that make it possible to got pinned by Geduev or Burroughs less than 1 minute, or beat them 12-2 or 16-6 or some thing ;)

I could see him getting pinned, but there's just no way he is beating JB 12-2 or 16-6. Come on.

I never understood how wrestling fans feel they can accurately gage how someone is big/small for their weight class via their own eyeball.

Yazdani look to be significantly taller the Dieringer, but Dieringer seemed to have thicker legs.

Neither has huge arms/chest

Yazdani has the perfect style to slow JB down and make him try to wrestle from tie ups, which, obviously is not JB's strength... the real question is can he tie JB up?

which ever wrestler imposes his style on the other one will win...

obvious answer is obvious...

I would be more surprised if he beat Gedeuv than if he beat Burroughs, much more surprised.

Shiraz, is this because you believe Guduev is a tougher matchup for Yaz than Burroughs or because you believe Guduev is better than Burroughs?

Beating Derringer like that is no small feat.  He controlled that entire match in a way that I don't think Burroughs would even do.  JB may have tech'd AD but not control him from start to finish like that.  And as someone else mentioned he's the only wrestler we've seen out hindfight pico.  This will be a tough match for anyone at 74kg including JB.  think it was smart for JB to sit this event out.