GranbyTroll

Who will be the next Minnesota head coach?

You're kidding yourself if you think his actions were all about looking out for "his kids". The program is down and the last thing he could afford was a drug scandal and the loss of multiple wrestlers. If you don't think that was a factor you are very naive.

Quite a different opinion is expressed here: http://www.flowrestling.org/article/43101-editorial-flosports-ceo-martin-floreani-on-j-robinson

Interesting how many people who know J-Rob personally have spoken up on his behalf.

"But I will honestly tell you that of all the people I’ve met, and of all the people I will know, J Robinson is the standard-bearer. He is a man of high integrity, of intense moral values, and has the kind of character every father hopes for when their child grows up."

http://www.startribune.com/no-charges-against-u-of-m-wrestlers-accused-of-using-selling-xanax/384927011/

A lot of the "facts" have now changed in this latest retelling.  City and County both decline to bring charges against JRob.

A lot of the "facts" have now changed in this latest retelling.  City and County both decline to bring charges against JRob.

Interesting quote.  "But one official cautioned that the decision doesn’t mean innocence in a case where newly released documents reveal investigators were stonewalled at nearly every turn â€” including by coach J Robinson, who refused to turn over the names of student-athletes and documents in his possession, saying it would cause “carnage” to his program.

Overall that article doesn't paint a pretty picture and is contrary to how certain people are trying to play this down or paint JRob as a saint only concerned with his wrestlers well being. There may be no charges however it's pretty clear that things did in fact occur as initially reported and that the timeline of events reflects more a concern over the negative impact the scandal would have on wrestling program and JRob's legacy. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Whatever was going through J Rob's head when he asked the police officer how he could help without doing complete carnage to his wrestling program, it didn't work out real well. 

Even though no charges will be filed, it is pretty easy to see there was a whole lot of trouble going on. Guessing they clean house. 

my point being ...there was an affadavit ..

The newspapers only picked out a couple items that seemed to favor their agenda, then went back to the same old recycled anonymous stuff.

The only things new I saw was the three boxes the wrestlers had to choose from when they "confessed" (as the newspaper said) and that J Rob took a vacation. All the rest is old news as far as I'm concerned. I guess when JRob told the campus cop to go pound salt was new, but I figured he said that anyways.

Really? The news media has an agenda here? 

Read the police report, then go back and read the Star Trib articles a 2nd time. The police report is lengthy. The Strib articles match up with it very well, so it would be very hard to say anything about the Star Trib coverage of this story other than that it was both fair and compelling. 

Even though no charges will be filed, it is pretty easy to see there was a whole lot of trouble going on. Guessing they clean house. 

Oh, no question there was trouble going on; but what still isn't out there in daylight includes:

1) What and how much did J-Rob notify the Administration about potential drug use and/or selling?  And how did it correspond to what and when J-Rob knew certain things (keeping in mind, he likely did not receive the wrestler's statements of their involvement until AFTER he first notified the administration)

2) It appears that J believed he was acting within University policy when he offered amnesty to those who stepped forward and admitted their involvement.

a) Was he directed to follow this policy?  (This seems to be the case)

b) Could he have reasonably believed he was following policy in the course he followed?

If the answer to 2a and 2b are both yes, it may be difficult for the University to claim just cause for termination of his contract.

Edited by redblades

The Strib articles match up with it very well, so it would be very hard to say anything about the Star Trib coverage of this story other than that it was both fair and compelling. 

That's not at all how some of STrib's peers see it: http://www.kare11.com/mb/entertainment/television/programs/breaking-the-news/reporters-notebook-gopher-wrestling-drug-scandal/224930346

Pretty scathing commentary on the some of the shoddy standards of reporting.

Edited by redblades

Really? The news media has an agenda here?

Read the police report, then go back and read the Star Trib articles a 2nd time. The police report is lengthy. The Strib articles match up with it very well, so it would be very hard to say anything about the Star Trib coverage of this story other than that it was both fair and compelling.

I guess if your main source of information is trash magazines, the star tribune is very compelling.

It must be a sad day when you have to dig real deep to find something to trash someone's character with little or no evidence.

"Compete w Gilman and Tomasello" = 125 pounder

"Set example for freshmen" = Soph or older

"Dad flew out" = from the east coast

Sounds like Ethan Lizak to me (125, Soph, PA)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Robinson did tall the cops he would not work with them he should be nailed to a cross after being fired. He is impeding law enforcement and reinforcing the kids idea that they are above the law.

They are drug dealers and probably drug users as well.

They are gaming the system and their coach is worse than they are.

The University should fire Robinson and dismiss the entire staff and get rid of any wrestler that may be involved in any way. Clean house completely.

Tough luck if some kids get felony records - their actions earned them.

If Robinson did tall the cops he would not work with them he should be nailed to a cross after being fired. He is impeding law enforcement and reinforcing the kids idea that they are above the law.

They are drug dealers and probably drug users as well.

They are gaming the system and their coach is worse than they are.

The University should fire Robinson and dismiss the entire staff and get rid of any wrestler that may be involved in any way. Clean house completely.

Tough luck if some kids get felony records - their actions earned them.

Someone screw you over as a kid?

I bet everyone who reads these boards who cares at all already knows the name of the x-fer wrestler / drug supplier and the four dealers on the Minny roster. It took me 3 minutes on my first combination search to get all the names. Those who don't know the names probably don't care. 

I'm not going to name them, but after reading the poorly redacted police report I will say that finding their names was easy. 

Edited by TBar1977