GranbyTroll

Who will be the next Minnesota head coach?

The University should fire Robinson and dismiss the entire staff and get rid of any wrestler that may be involved in any way. Clean house completely.

Tough luck if some kids get felony records - their actions earned them.

You're not an Iowa fan, are you?  Just wondering about the felony record statement.

If Robinson did tall the cops he would not work with them he should be nailed to a cross after being fired. He is impeding law enforcement and reinforcing the kids idea that they are above the law.

They are drug dealers and probably drug users as well.

They are gaming the system and their coach is worse than they are.

The University should fire Robinson and dismiss the entire staff and get rid of any wrestler that may be involved in any way. Clean house completely.

Tough luck if some kids get felony records - their actions earned them.

While the above is all true, I'm standing with JRob.   Some things are more important than the law.   I'm glad JRob chose to take the road he took and not the road of the law.     Some times we have to look out for our own,. no matter what laws we have to break.  

While the above is all true, I'm standing with JRob. Some things are more important than the law. I'm glad JRob chose to take the road he took and not the road of the law. Some times we have to look out for our own,. no matter what laws we have to break.

I'm right there with ya. And I also think we should continue to assault a man's character with little or no evidence only because he is on an opposing team. I also believe it's a good practice to believe anonymous accusers and their disgrunted parents that put them up to it, especially when they don't have the balls to bring it up face to face with the coach, only behind his back. I believe it is just perfectly OK to publicly identify kids by name that have not been charged with any crime I also believe that the best practice is to send these kids to prison as suggested as they do have a track record of 5% success rate. I also believe everything I read in the Washington Post and the Star Tribune as their main motivation is telling the total story not just their slant on it to sell newspapers. I also believe that a head coach should not be concerned with carnage on his team.

All of this makes me a person of much higher character than the head coach and I really feel good about being able to trash his character on these forums.

The man is guilty as charged, only thinking about himself and his career, future wins, NCAA finals and leaving his student athletes laying in his path to greatness.

Guilty as charged

Get a rope

Edited by tbert

Even after this story JRob looks significantly better than a lot of the posters in this thread (looking at you, Penn State fans).

In my circles, most PSU fans have been content to let the investgation play out and ensure JRob, who they respect for various reasons regardless of some competitive and directional differences, due process. It basically is seen as none of our business and better handled by people in the know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

I have personally found that these attacks against opposing teams and other wrestlers is somewhat a new(er) thing. Obviously there has always been the occasional life failure who attempts to live through other people but, overall, wrestling, better stated, the wrestling community at large has been more family oriented than any of the other sports I played growing up. Even when I wrestled in college it was the same way and that included competition at Carver Hawkeye where the fans were loud but extremely fair and extremely knowledgeable. I thoroughly enjoyed going there as the fans appreciated several thing: great wrestling and hard nosed competition. Obviously they wanted their guy to win but if an opposing guy impressed them they would definitely let him know about in a positive way. Our fans were similar for the large part as well. Hell, that goes back to even elementary wrestling if memory serves. There was none of this ridiculous and utterly moronic attacking between fan bases going on and if there was it would have likely ended with both fan bases coming together to beating the utter and complete shiz out of the one causing the issue(s). 

I have no idea what has changed in such a short amount of time but, frankly, I find it unacceptable for our sport which is one of the more respectful sports to competition that there may be in current existence. I would constantly sit and BS with other wrestlers at tournaments, their families from time to time, and often times we would see each other at hotels or fans/fans of other teams and it was a great experience. Now? There definitely is a lot of animosity and I personally dislike it immensely as it does nothing but cause issues and serves absolutely zero purpose, none. 

Long story short - JRob deserves a chance for the facts to come out so prejudging him is pretty damn ridiculous and feeds into this new agenda driven BS of trying issues in the court of drama based articles or non factually inclusive material. Let's give the guy a chance. After all the years he dedicated to this sport and all the lives he has likely changed for the positive he deserves that much and this is coming from a guy who wants MN to lose every single match. He doesn't deserve the hate he is getting and will continue not to until/unless facts show he is responsible in an incontrovertible manner. Sorry for the rant, I just find some of this rhetoric a bit ridiculous when there are conflicting reports and the guy has given his life to the betterment of our sport. 

Edited by cm_111

"Compete w Gilman and Tomasello" = 125 pounder

"Set example for freshmen" = Soph or older

"Dad flew out" = from the east coast

Sounds like Ethan Lizak to me (125, Soph, PA)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd imagine there's a lot of stress and anxiety that could surface when one is thrown to the wolves. Obviously, a JRob blunder.

I'd imagine there's a lot of stress and anxiety that could surface when one is thrown to the wolves. Obviously, a JRob blunder.

They should be thrown to the wolves after what they did. I am actually most interested in who the whistle blower was and if he had anything to do with this issue and was just covering his ass. Reading his statements was very, how do I say this, suspicious to say the least. 

I'm right there with ya. And I also think we should continue to assault a man's character with little or no evidence only because he is on an opposing team. I also believe it's a good practice to believe anonymous accusers and their disgrunted parents that put them up to it, especially when they don't have the balls to bring it up face to face with the coach, only behind his back. I believe it is just perfectly OK to publicly identify kids by name that have not been charged with any crime I also believe that the best practice is to send these kids to prison as suggested as they do have a track record of 5% success rate. I also believe everything I read in the Washington Post and the Star Tribune as their main motivation is telling the total story not just their slant on it to sell newspapers. I also believe that a head coach should not be concerned with carnage on his team.

All of this makes me a person of much higher character than the head coach and I really feel good about being able to trash his character on these forums.

The man is guilty as charged, only thinking about himself and his career, future wins, NCAA finals and leaving his student athletes laying in his path to greatness.

Guilty as charged

Get a rope

tbert, whatever you need to sleep at night, have at it.   I myself, choose to stand with JRob on this one.   No amount of guilt  effort, short of photos of him with a little boy, is going to change my mind.   Bring all you got on the man, I've seen much worse at the local tavern, on two for one, Thursday ladies night.    Lets see what you got. 

tbert, whatever you need to sleep at night, have at it. I myself, choose to stand with JRob on this one. No amount of guilt effort, short of photos of him with a little boy, is going to change my mind. Bring all you got on the man, I've seen much worse at the local tavern, on two for one, Thursday ladies night. Lets see what you got.

lol. I can tell by all your support early on Edited by tbert

Someone screw you over as a kid?

You know the law and the rules. You see the results of this type of attitude incarcerated every day. Too many coaches and athletes think they are above the law.

Clean house and start over. No one tainted by this should be left on campus.

Willie we all read your first five posts on the topic and you've added nothing new to your original point. It was nice seeing this topic disappear into obscurity where it belongs. If you really need to bring it back up just quote one of your old posts and save yourself a little time.