Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyThompsonnum1

Any JUCO transfers to watch for this year?

We had a little guy (3X Large school Champ) Josh Heinzer .... Who ended up in Iowa, at a JC, and was 2nd in the nation if I recall correctly. I think he has committed to Mich State. Tough little guy.

Update: It was Iowa Central where he wrestled.

We don't have a whole lot anymore, but every now and then we'll get some. Cain Valasquez, C.B. Dalloway and the most recent one that comes to mind is Bekzed Abdurakmanov. Any to look forward to seeing this year?

Don't forget Ganbayar Sanjaa...two-time AA from Colby CC.

This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but just going by noteworthy names over the past five years, this is what I've found. The year indicates when they were JUCO national champions.

Kenny Jordan-2007

Heinrich Barnes-2007

Albert White-2008

Nate Carr-2007

Colby Covington-2007

Jon Jones-2006 (More of interest than anything else, and he wasn't called "Bones" then)

^^^Right, DiGravio was NJCAA runnerup back in 2011 at 141 pounds and this past season won the juco regionals at 149. Another back-east juco kid to keep an eye on is Nassau CC's Ryan Fox, who was 2012 NJCAA third-place at 165, Wilkes third place, and NY Collegiates' runnerup, who will be enrolled at NC State this fall.

2010 Brandon Williamson- WVU - Nassau ... had a decent run again this year

Can anyone post the last 5 NCAA Championships and list AA Juco transfers and/or round of 12 wrestlers that came from Juco?

Sanjaa - American - colby

Abdurakmonov - Clarion - colby

Colon - UNI - iowa central

Sanjaa - American -colby

Terrell Wilbourn was a National Champ for Iowa Central this past season and should be redshirting and then transferring somewhere. If I just guessed blindly I'd say Nebraska, but hopefully I'm wrong and it's Iowa.

Chase Nelson wrestled for Labette CC then went to Oklahoma where he won the Midlands in 2010. He has since left Oklahoma and is rummored to end up at UNK.

Chris Notte wrestled at Nassau CC then went on to Oklahoma State

In my opinion, most top JUCO guys make solid college wrestlers but very few turn in to total studs. Much like high school recruits, I think it is better to find a guy that does well at a traditionally weak JUCO wrestling program than it is to go after the guy that did well in a historically strong program.

The D2 nationals is typically filled with All-Americans that spent time in the JUCO ranks.

From Labette:

Central Oklahoma (Div. 2): Jordan Basks; DaKoda Basks; Kyle Buckley

Colorado State-Pueblo (Div. 2): Ray Hall

Ft. Hays State (Div. 2): Garrett Jones; Jeff O'Daniel

Nebraska-Kearney (Div. 2 National Champions): Zach Anderson

Baker University (NAIA): John Hambleton

Anyone have any info from some of the other Jucos?

From Triton College:

125: Jose Torres, 4-2, Fourth/AA to McKendree (DII)

133: Devantae McCloud, 1-2, DNP, to McKendree (DII)

157: Jeremy Walters, 1-2, DNP, to Elmhurst (DIII)

165: Lenny Kuspa, 1-2, DNP, to Concordia-Wisconsin (DIII)

Good info. Hope some others have some more. Lots of names brought up earlier in the thread. Any news on them?

I am interested in finding out where Walker Clarke and Colin Hase formerly of Labette and FHSU wind up. They were both Juco All Americans and DII qualifiers this past year. Have 1 year left of eligibility.

Iowa Central will have a couple after this next year to look out for

Speaking of, any news on Brandon Wright? He was originally slated for IU before heading to Iowa Central, but no word on that as a stop after. What if any plans does he have next?

Recieving word Wright ended up at Notre Dame College.

Terrell Wilbourn was a National Champ for Iowa Central this past season and should be redshirting and then transferring somewhere. If I just guessed blindly I'd say Nebraska, but hopefully I'm wrong and it's Iowa.

Most likely will be Iowa State or Nebraska.