Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyThompsonnum1

Any JUCO transfers to watch for this year?

Iowa Central will have a couple after this next year to look out for

Speaking of, any news on Brandon Wright? He was originally slated for IU before heading to Iowa Central, but no word on that as a stop after. What if any plans does he have next?

Recieving word Wright ended up at Notre Dame College.

The wrestler who beat Wright in last year's NJCAA finals, Anthony Abidin, will supposedly RS this year and then head to Hofstra in 2013-2014 with three years of NCAA eligibility remaining.

I heard a rumor that Abidin 133lb NJCAA champion from Nassau Community College is headed to Nebraska.

He is lightning fast and is a very good athlete.

can anyone confirm this. if it is true he will def start for 133lb for nebraska and should be in the running to AA at div 1.

I heard a rumor that Abidin 133lb NJCAA champion from Nassau Community College is headed to Nebraska.

can anyone confirm this. if it is true he will def start for 133lb for nebraska and should be in the running to AA at div 1.

That would be interesting for sure. As far as other Husker news, Cagnina never made grades, and will not be in Lincoln.

That would be interesting for sure. As far as other Husker news, Cagnina never made grades, and will not be in Lincoln.

Thanks for that update, I noticed Cagnina was not on the roster at NU, was wondering what happened.

Evidence point to the Nebraska rumors being true. Anthony has seen recently wearing Neb. gear.

Curious about something JUCO related. What is the history/reason behind having a separate California Juco division from the NJCAA tournament? Related to travel distances maybe? Just curious if anyone knows.

I know Lassen used to compete at the NJCAA , but now is in the Cal Juco State Tournament.

I know when I was at Butler County Community College in Kansas, there was always talks about CC of San Francisco being solid. They did have NJCAA poll and Cal polls, but a lot of people looked at the JC Gridwire Poll which basically fantasy style ranked the teams of both combined in a top 25 style poll.