Sign in to follow this  
CA_Wrestler

Reinstatement

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/article/united-world-wrestling-announces-reinstatement-of-olympic-qualifiers

United World Wrestling Announces Reinstatement of Olympic Qualifiers

July 9, 2016 - 14:40

Facebook Twitter Google+ VK Share

CORSIER-SUR-VEVEY (July 9) -- United World Wrestling, following recent meldonium guidelines outlined by the International Olympic Committee and the World Anti-Doping Agency, has announced the reinstatement of National Olympic Committee qualification spots for the 2016 Olympic Games based on the performances of the following athletes:

Magomedmurat GADZHIEV (POL - FS 65kg)
Yanarbek KENZHEEV (KGZ - GR 85kg)
Sumiya ERDENCHIMEG (MGL - FW 53kg)
Andriy KZIATKOVSKY (UKR - FS 65kg)
Oksana HERHEL (UKR - FW 58kg)

Ukraine’s 125kg wrestler Alen ZASIEIEV -- the only other athlete peviously disqualified based on meldonium results – is not included in the above list as Ukraine qualified for an Olympic allocation during the 2nd World Qualifier in Istanbul.

All National Olympic Committees previously granted Olympic qualification spots will not be impacted by this adjustment. 

And this is why a worldwide governing body will never work.  too many cultural allowances to ensure "equality" and "fair treatment" across the many nations represented.  this also goes to show that "rules are meant to be broken" in today's day and age.  There are SO many things going "wrong" right now, and this is just icing on the cake, hitting closest to "home".  

I'm so tempted to push the "power button" on all my connections, and just let the world pass on by:

1.) It won't matter to anyone else

2.) I don't want to be a part of this "new" culture where lying, cheating, stealing, doing drugs illegally, etc. comes with no recognizable consequence.  

Maybe I'm old-fashioned... but... if there are Rules, then ALL should play by them... otherwise, abolish the rule and let all partake in the fruits of what was once "illegal".  

My understanding is that their is no solid information on how long meldonium can be detected in the body. Until this is determined they can not prove people took meldonium past  Jan. 1st this year when it joined the banned drug list.