Sign in to follow this  
IronChef

IOC to ban Russia from Rio, according to UK's Daily Mail

Wow.  So this obviously is going to change some things in wrestling.  I hate to be a little America centric, but how does this improve our chances at winning more medals in wrestling?

Really good for J'den Cox.  Now has a chance at gold and is probably a favorite to win a medal.  Makes Burroughs a very strong favorite.  Snyder went from likely Silver to now favorite once again.  Probably not too much of an impact on the other three, but gives them all a slightly better chance.  

Still, if this news is true it takes away from the event as a whole.  It's not quite to the level of 1984, but still takes away credibility from the champions.  

I don't blame them for banning Russia, but I wanted to see Burroughs vs Geduev, Sadulaev compete, etc.

The Russians are the best in the world and enjoyable to watch.

Thanks, but in 86 and 97 who win olympic gold medal? Sharipov? Cox? Snyder? Kartoev? they will be fake champions, cause not Boltukaev and Sadulaev 

Edited by Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Thanks, but in 86 and 97 who win olympic gold medal? Sharipov? Cox? Snyder? Kartoev? they will be fake champions, cause not Boltukaev and Sadulaev

I we assume Bolt and Sadulaev took steroids (we don't know if that is true) would you agree they should be banned?

IF Sadulaev and Bolt were part of the state sponsored doping regimes then they certainly have been fake champions...

If not, it is a tragedy for them that they live in a country with a corrupt athletic program

Sadualev passed the drug test more than 10 times in 2016 ;) 

We all know passing tests does not mean they did not dope.  Marion Jones, Lance Armstrong, Barry Bonds etc. never failed a drug test.

I'm going to assume that none of the Russian wrestlers had enough outside the country testing to qualify for exemption consideration.

If this turns out to be true and they go about replacing the Russian wrestlers with the next qualifier that is going to be a heck of a spiderweb to untangle.

Edited by MadMardigain