Sign in to follow this  
lu1979

Russia is out @ 57KG

Man if I would have known I could have been on the juice for 4 years and still not be held accountable for it I could have made a heck of a Olympic run in badminton.

I pictured you more as a table tennis type....

Test everyone before competition starts, and again before medal matches....

Best as I can tell, Lebedev is currently waiting for the Court of Arbitration for Sport to rule on his appeal. Several other athletes who had served previous doping suspensions have had their bans overturned. This has resulted in Russian language media reporting that he will compete, even though it seems like that has not been made official. The link below has some quotes from the head of the Russian wrestling team.

http://yakutiamedia.ru/news/sport/05.08.2016/523094/mihail-mamiashvili-viktor-lebedev-v-zayavke-sbornoy-rf-on-treniruetsya-i-zhdet-resh.html (in Chrome, you can right click and select Translate to English)

I pictured you more as a table tennis type....

Test everyone before competition starts, and again before medal matches....

Most people are smart enough to cycle off of their chosen banned substance around month out from competition to ensure they don't get caught. So testing them just prior probably wouldn't catch many, yet the juicing advantage would have already done its job.

They already test medalist after competition, and I believe they also have a random testing pool as well during the games.

The only way to do it with a decent probability of catching cheaters is random and frequent year-round testing. That is cost-prohibitive so it won't happen. Knowing when, or roughly when, you will be tested is the key reason why it's possible to clean house and cheat the system.

You could have a strictly enforced system testing any other way and it would still be deficient and, with the proper resources, not hard to cheat.

thanks guys-not being a doper, I didn't know much about the life of the stuff in your system, just that some stayed longer than others.  How on earth do so many people get caught in other sports?  Stronger testing program, more randomness, ???

Usually people get caught because they didn't know exactly when they were going to be tested (majority of cases), they didn't know exactly what they were going to be tested for, or they got sloppy and didn't follow all the necessary precautions to mask or clean out the banned substance from their system.

The case where an athlete with the "right" doctors/chemists and enough money knows what he needs to prepare for, and when, but still gets caught is quite rare.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

Lebedev just might slip back in. Precedent being set with a swimmer in a similar situation. Looks like it could be thrown back into UWW's lap. Not sure if UWW's hearing last week is the equivalent of CAS's toss back to FINA. Did FINA have a hearing after the IOC ruling?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-olympics-rio-russia-swimming-cas-excl-idUSKCN10F2QE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by lu_alum