CoachWrestling

Mark Cody steps down as coach at Oklahoma

He will from me. Why is an Executive Director for Compliance being so difficult that he wants to make one of his wrestlers who doesn't want to be at Oklahoma sit for a year just to get out of that situation, even when the head coach wants to release him?

I'm worries that the new coach walked into a bad position. If he doesn't have final say for his team, he doesn't have the power of a head coach. Wish he had stayed at tOSU and waited for a better program to open up. He could basically go wherever he wanted to.

He will from me. Why is an Executive Director for Compliance being so difficult that he wants to make one of his wrestlers who doesn't want to be at Oklahoma sit for a year just to get out of that situation, even when the head coach wants to release him?

It's relative, I guess. While I agree with you, wrestlers typically don't have the transfer restrictions of a football or basketball player. Of course, those guys are also on full rides

Just to add.... According to Lou this decision regarding his transfer was " done long before I was hired". So why have the appeal at all or was the appeal rigged by this Executive of Compliance? Regardless.... Yes, as a Sooner I am disgusted and understand now why we have declined so badly. Won't let coaches coach. I hate to say this for Lou but recruits should imo avoid this corruption.