Sign in to follow this  
WildTurkey44

Iowa/Msu Throwing puches?

I thought both 157 pounders should have been DQed. And yes the ref's didn't handle this situation properly.

-----

DSJ did nothing to warrant a DQ. The only thing he did that I could see was some minor mutual shoving as they went out of bounds at end of 1st.

Watts, on the other hand, seemed out of control, left jabbed DSJ a couple of times, and had the right cocked looking for the big one. He had to be calmed down by Minkel at the end of the first.

Amusing DJ.

If the referee feels justified to lay on the wrestler at the end of the match like an MMA bout then he should also feel the need to take some affirmative disciplinary action against him. The wrestler should have better self-control but the referees in charge of keeping control on the mat. I see this ref failed to do his job.

Funny how when wrestlers from other schools getting their ass kicked and starting crap somehow gets reflected against an iowa wrestler. If you don't like getting shoved out of bounds don't go out of bounds. And if you're so offended by pushing and shoving then you better just watch ballet dancing nancies. This is wrestling c'mon man. Reminds me of when metcalf was getting knees to the head repeatedly by the Purdue trash and somehow it was his fault

Almost any time I watch DSJ wrestle I see a lot of over zealous hands to the face, pushing, etc. that seems to get overlooked by the Iowa fans. Kyle Dake said it best after his NCAA match last year, he didn't want to wrestle, he just wanted to hit him in the face. My point is, it doesn't surprised me that somebody wanted to throw down with him based on how he behaves in his matches. I know Iowa is known for being a physical team, but the fans seem to cry when another team reacts and takes it a step further.

PS I remember DSJ trying to throw down with David Taylor after getting the snot kicked out of him when they were both freshmen.

Almost any time I watch DSJ wrestle I see a lot of over zealous hands to the face, pushing, etc. that seems to get overlooked by the Iowa fans. Kyle Dake said it best after his NCAA match last year, he didn't want to wrestle, he just wanted to hit him in the face. My point is, it doesn't surprised me that somebody wanted to throw down with him based on how he behaves in his matches. I know Iowa is known for being a physical team, but the fans seem to cry when another team reacts and takes it a step further.

PS I remember DSJ trying to throw down with David Taylor after getting the snot kicked out of him when they were both freshmen.

When was this "throw down" that you are talking about? Im pretty sure that DSJ never went after him wanting to fight. If the hands to the face were so bad, then why dont the officials stop the match? Look, its wrestling, and if you dont like it being physical then thats too bad. God forbid we turn wrestling into what NFL football has turned into which is basically 2 hand touch.

And, Evans guy, if he doesnt like his face raked then dont get in that position. Period. He also started crying after the match too. Enough said.