Sign in to follow this  
WildTurkey44

Iowa/Msu Throwing puches?

DSJ is not innocent here. He punched the guy from Michigan and he punched the Michigan State kid in back to back matches, both of them when his opponent gave a little "Iowa-style" OOB shove.

I really don't have a huge problem with it but don't act like this is a one-time thing for DSJ. He did it twice in 3 days.

I like it. The guy has fire and the will to be great.

What a tough guy you are. Real class and character. Douche.

Well ... he may have "will", minus the skills.

It's ironic, that 2 of the very best college, D1 wrestlers EVER, came out of Iowa institutions ... Iowa State that is ... :o

And I don't recall either of them throwing punches EVER!!

Anytime an Iowa topic comes up, you go into "spin-doctor" mode. Heaven forbid that anyone make an observation, however accurate, that doesn't cast Iowa in the most favorable light possible. Hopefully this is the end of our conversation. However, if you want to continue it, please answer the following question first:

From all of the evidence currently available, which of the following best describes DSJ's actions:

[*:3po2g560]DSJ threw a punch at Watts that connected, although it may not have had a lot of steam on it.
    [*:3po2g560]DSJ never threw a punch. His actions should be characterized as "a mild face shove at worst."

dude.... have you had your Ritalin level checked recently? You may need your dose adjusted.

:lol: Thanks for proving my point, Rossel. Despite your formidable spin-doctoring skills, I see you're unable to answer the essential question concerning our disagreement. Instead you skip over it, and respond with a silly juvenile insult.

Perhaps Iowa is disliked simply because of fans like you, dback_5, and others of your ilk (such as the large contingent of Hawks who booed Dake for beating DSJ). But I'm sure you'll keep spin-doctoring and playing the victim, a role you obviously enjoy. Good day to you, Dr. Rossel.

Perhaps Iowa is disliked simply because of fans like you, dback_5, and others of your ilk (such as the large contingent of Hawks who booed Dake for beating DSJ). But I'm sure you'll keep spin-doctoring and playing the victim, a role you obviously enjoy. Good day to you, Dr. Rossel.

The perfect epitaph for this thread.

No it's just because of the fact that Iowa is the most dominant program of any sport of all time over the last half century. When you have the unparalleled success that they have had you will have haters that hate.

No it's just because of the fact that Iowa is the most dominant program of any sport of all time over the last half century. When you have the unparalleled success that they have had you will have haters that hate.

This has nothing to do with you and those that support your "style" of nonsense on the mat. People do not like what you represent and admire because Iowa has won... rather, the have no respect for the behavior you support because it is childish, sophmoric, classless, and shows no character. Pretty simple. Using the old, "They don't like us because we were winners" nonsense is complete BS and you know it.

It is much more like: "They don't like us because we were Whinners"

Dback, You are not doing yourself or Iowa any favors anymore. Step away from the keyboard. Iowa is a great program and they wrestles a great style. They really do not need you to defend it, and you really are not doing that great of a job anyways.

I'm really not trying to defend them. This is just too much fun

"Dback, You are not doing yourself or Iowa any favors anymore. Step away from the keyboard. Iowa is a great program and they wrestles a great style. They really do not need you to defend it, and you really are not doing that great of a job anyways."

When your fellow fans point out the error in your ways .... One would think, you would have the common sense to heed their advice .... :|

You realize, I hope ... You are doing more harm then good??