BigTimeFan

Burroughs and Dennis receive draws (Flo)

I agree on seeding. Once again Burroughs will face the 2nd best guy (Geduev) before finals and Iran again in finals in 4 out of his five titles and has had the 2nd best guy on his side in all 6 of his worlds/Olympics. But he is the bad draw so it doesn't really matter other than you simply want to see the best final match possible.

JB's first match is against the guy who almost beat him at worlds a couple years ago as well.  JB had to come from behind at the very end to win the match.  Very tough draw.  Can't overlook the first guy.  

JB's first match is against the guy who almost beat him at worlds a couple years ago as well. JB had to come from behind at the very end to win the match. Very tough draw. Can't overlook the first guy.

Was it the guy who injured JBs knee? If so he's a tough customer, very athletic.

Was it the guy who injured JBs knee? If so he's a tough customer, very athletic.

No, that was Tsargush. But he injured it in the first match of the tournament that year against Midana, who he actually wrestles in the first round this year. Guy is tough, best male African wrestler I have seen.

JB always gives me a heart attach when he wrestles because he starts so slow. He gives up the first point quite a lot for a multi-time world champ. I also totally agree that if we believe JB is going to win, there is no such thing as a bad draw. He would most likely have had to beat Geduev and Yazdani no matter what his draw, or someone who beat one of them. 

JB always gives me a heart attach when he wrestles because he starts so slow. He gives up the first point quite a lot for a multi-time world champ. I also totally agree that if we believe JB is going to win, there is no such thing as a bad draw. He would most likely have had to beat Geduev and Yazdani no matter what his draw, or someone who beat one of them. 

This is absolutely not true.  With how little rest time there is between matches, it is much more difficult to win if you come into your next match already tired/worn out.  The best example of this that I've seen was 97kg in London.  A really brutal morning session may even have some effects on the final if the other wrestler is well rested. That's part of why the bye in the OTT system is an advantage.  

Edited by Billyhoyle

Well he wouldn't have had to beat both of them if they were on the same side of the bracket. JB's road is about as tough is it could get...as usual.

Geduev got the bad draw not JB. JB is going to be the champ and was going to beat thesat he guys regardless. He is not worried about 3rd

Agreed.  One of my favorite tweets of all time was when the draws came out for JB's first worlds and he had Tsargush in the 2nd round.  Everybody was saying how much that sucked for JB, but then he tweeted that he was the bad draw for Tsargush.  Love it.  

No discussion about Dennis' draw. I think he got a great draw. Doesn't hit the winner of the GEO/AZE world champs until the SF. Lebedev, Rahimi, and Rodriguez on the bottom half.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by lu_alum

My take on 57kg, Erdenebat is a tough wrestler and young. He will beat Rodriguez by 1-2 points and likely face Yang. If he can beat Yang, he is known to beat North Koreans in Asian tournaments, he can win anyone that comes in the quarters. He will probably face Rahimi in the semis. It will be a tough match. The only wrestler he cannot beat is Khinchesgashvili

74kg - Unurbat faces the Turk out the gate. He has been our best wrestler so far this year. He will face the Iranian. How good is the Iranian?

If he beats him, anything is possible

My take on 57kg, Erdenebat is a tough wrestler and young. He will beat Rodriguez by 1-2 points and likely face Yang. If he can beat Yang, he is known to beat North Koreans in Asian tournaments, he can win anyone that comes in the quarters. He will probably face Rahimi in the semis. It will be a tough match. The only wrestler he cannot beat is Khinchesgashvili

74kg - Unurbat faces the Turk out the gate. He has been our best wrestler so far this year. He will face the Iranian. How good is the Iranian?

Erdenbat was tough at the world championships in Vegas. I remember him being explosive and quick as a cat. Again, the bottom half is brutal. Dennis couldn't have asked for a better draw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Iranian is very, very good.  He took 2nd in the world at 70kg last year, losing pretty badly in the finals.  That was his first year wrestling seniors though..I'd say most consider him the third best in the weight, but the potential is limitless. It reminds me a lot of Asgarov going up a weight to 60kg in London after taking 2nd at 55kg.  Not saying he will beat Burroughs or Geduev, but it's not impossible.  I think he'll pull your guy into the repechage.