Sign in to follow this  
2td3nf

Congratulations to Helen!

to clarify, motorcycle racing... head injuries have always been a thing in that sport... when one of our buddies would end up with a compound fracture of the femur, we would all be like, "whew!!! that's not too bad... he will be ok..."

to clarify, motorcycle racing... head injuries have always been a thing in that sport... when one of our buddies would end up with a compound fracture of the femur, we would all be like, "whew!!! that's not too bad... he will be ok..."

Yup, it's why, especially with dirt bikes, it is a young guys sport. 

road racing for me personally, which, can extend participation well later in life if you can bring it down from 11 to a relatively mild 8.5...

road racing for me personally, which, can extend participation well later in life if you can bring it down from 11 to a relatively mild 8.5...

Yeah, I wasn't very good on dirt but better than middle of the pack on the road. I was at the front with the knee dragging stuff at the local mountains. Those who were faster on the streets tended to crash and sometimes die. At 57 I tend not to push limits anymore.

i thought i was quick on the street until i actually started racing at the track... the 2 are not even comparable... i immediately quit riding on the street and then spent 15 years trying to break everything i could... i succeeded more often than not... 

my younger son started racing when he was 5... that was an entirely different emotion all together...

we bailed about 4 years ago for a variety of reasons, but, very recently made the decision to get back into some "light" mini stuff... time to start rearranging the skeletal system once again...

i thought i was quick on the street until i actually started racing at the track... the 2 are not even comparable... i immediately quit riding on the street and then spent 15 years trying to break everything i could... i succeeded more often than not...

my younger son started racing when he was 5... that was an entirely different emotion all together...

we bailed about 4 years ago for a variety of reasons, but, very recently made the decision to get back into some "light" mini stuff... time to start rearranging the skeletal system once again...

Funny thing is, a few guys who I road with, doing the knee dragging up mountains thing, were VERY good. But just out of control crazy (coming from me that says a lot). They couldn't get there license because instead of just showing basic skills in test runs they tried to race everybody. Black flagged almost from the get go. Most of them are dead. I had my moments on the track but to many other activities going on, and not enough money to be very active. It was fun.