CoachWrestling

74kg discussion

I didn't want to be a downer and talk about Dennis prior to the match, but I think we all have seen what Iowa is capable of on the big stage.    They have figured out the domestic guys and routinely push guys through but when they get there, they get exposed, terribly.   My hat is off to Brent and all he did, given what he was working with.   No comment further on him.   I just love that guy.  But Ramos?    Ramos?   Has he landed yet from the abusing laid to him by the Cuban?    And Dennis?   Man oh man.      

Big Brent and Ramos fan here, so you're bot ever going to hear me disparage them, but if we're being honest here, Iowa has really stunk up the international mat, on the very biggest stage.   What did I think about Dennis?   I'm only surprised it went as long as it did.    I'd like to see the Cornell kid out there getting some wins fr Team USA.   Perhaps next year.     

Now Iowa looks to be getting the kid Lee who is very good international style, up to 110 pounds.   Lets hope he doesn't also perform like the usual suspects out of Iowa City, if he makes it to the biggest stage.    

Shiraz, you';re one of the sensible ones on this board.   Few and far between.   I'm going to log out for a while.   Not a good day today.     

You're a small and petty person. 

Man...JB is a chump...he is terrible!  So overrated.  Can't believe how bad he is...if you lose in the Olympics you must be the absolute worst.  All those "wins" and gold medals mean nothing now.  Hope the fish retires.

If Mary Lou could look up to Nadia from Romania, then why shouldn't our guys look more up to Belaglozov, Fadzaev, Medved, Yarygin, etc?

I only want my kids to look up to David Taylor. The man won 2 Spanish Grand Prix titles.

wrestlingnerd, I am not on the forums enough to know if you are a troll or not, but to say 'JB getting his ass handed to him today" is silliness at best.  He lost 3-2.  He didn't wrestle his best match at a tournament that requires even JB to wrestle his best to win.  I understand your initial statement about Iowa and this thread, but the second part is nonsense.  

When you factor in all of the variables required to win, and then toss in the unknowns like blood time that pulls a wrestler out of his flow, and then have the gumption to say what you said, then someone has to call you out.  

So, if you are like 99% of the posters and have no idea what it takes to compete at that level, then do what most of them wisely do, debate, speculate, encourage, cheer, complain, etc.  But shut down the asinine statements about JB losing 3-2.   

Edited by greenforest

I know Burroughs has indicated he will compete until 2020 in the past, but we need to hope he doesn't leave his shoes on the mat today.  

Let's hope so... I would love to see him move on to the octagon and wreck people there...  look how much Woodley is making now....  UFC 230 Burroughs vs Metcalf!  Lemme dream.

Smith lost to Reinoso two years in a row, including the '92 Olympics. Under the current format, he doesn't get Gold, he even meddle.  Smith had a killer single, but his leg lace may have been his best asset.  Anyway, keep in mind Smith is our Gold Standard, but may only be roughly 20th best or worse all-time worldwide in Freestyle.  If Mary Lou could look up to Nadia from Romania, then why shouldn't our guys look more up to Belaglozov, Fadzaev, Medved, Yarygin, etc?  

I was unaware that 20 or more guys won 6 straight world/olympic titles.  You learn something every day.