CoachWrestling

74kg discussion

As a life long Detroit Lions fan I have a keen eye for spotting crappy coaches. Mark Manning you are a true champion!

Sorry to hear that. I was shocked when Tate didn't take the hometown discount and left my Hawks to go to Detroit

wrestlingnerd, I am not on the forums enough to know if you are a troll or not, but to say 'JB getting his ass hande

Sorry. JB got his ass handed to him today. Maybe that makes me a troll. But he didn't show up and did not wrestle as he could and got his ass handed to him. If that upsets you, just breathe deeply and think happy thoughts. It will pass.

Fair enough.

But I've praised him and extolled his virtues when he deserved it, so a little criticism for a lackluster effort isn't that out of line. I was disappointed in his performance and am probably letting that emotion get the better of me. I am still shocked by how bad he looked all day. I thought he was going to steamroll people the way he looked last time we saw him compete. Never in a million years would I have predicted that he'd lay an egg like this at the Olympics. I'm as frustrated as anyone.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

So refreshing to see the unwavering support for one our countries greatest wrestlers of all time....you guys are true fans......

It goes without saying the vast majority of us participating in the thread know each other by now and we know where we stand. Squarely in JB's corner. IF you think you are showing support for JB by writing this and showing us how it's done, then you haven't been paying enough attention. What the heck do you think this thread that runs 15 pages is all about? This isn't the New York Post screaming about ARod. This is a bunch of fans who are probably all as devastated as I am that he lost. But in case you don't do nuance, well here goes. I am a huge JB fan. He represents the sport incredibly. He's a winner and carries it well. I hope he comes back stronger than ever next year. 

or could it be something as simple as having a bad day?

Could be - or maybe he got old overnight as sometimes happens (albeit it more frequently to boxers). Time will tell whether it was one of those two possibilities - or something else entirely.

I also think fans underestimate how extremely difficult it is to stay on top of the world for an extended period of time. Whatever the case, I hope Burroughs is able to make it back to the top of the heap. He's always been a class act, IMO.

Edited by HurricaneWrestling

Cheesy commercials, magazine photo shoots, TV interviews, Instagrams, documentaries, Tweets, Snapchats, selfies with Serena and Simone, Facebookings, etc. You're at the Games to win first and promote your brand second--try to do both equally and something will suffer.  Maroulis came in quietly and had the loudest performance.  JMHO