Sign in to follow this  
Grecojones

86kg and Hvwt Brackets are up on Flo

Tough bottom for Tervel.  If he can put together a tournament now is the time.  Looks like he would have to get through his first round match which is no easy task at all, then beat either Ghasemi or Makhov to make the finals.  Hate to pick against an American, but I see him exiting in round 1 here.

Top half at 86 looks pretty stacked.  Cox looks like if he is on he could get to the semis.  The quarter above him looks rough with Salas and Espinal. 

Tough bottom for Tervel.  If he can put together a tournament now is the time.  Looks like he would have to get through his first round match which is no easy task at all, then beat either Ghasemi or Makhov to make the finals.  Hate to pick against an American, but I see him exiting in round 1 here.

Top half at 86 looks pretty stacked.  Cox looks like if he is on he could get to the semis.  The quarter above him looks rough with Salas and Espinal. 

Agree.  Taking out Salas or Karimi to medal is no easy task, but way better than having to beat Sharifov or Sadulaev.  

Agree.  Taking out Salas or Karimi to medal is no easy task, but way better than having to beat Sharifov or Sadulaev.  

Agreed. Key for Cox is getting to the semis. Also, we have Espinal of PR on the bottom bracket. If he can get past Salas in the qtrs he has a great shot at getting back into the gold medal match.

No one touches Sadulaev tomorrow, seems like Ceballos Fuentes has the best path to a Bronze getting a rest after a quick outing against Sadulaev and then only has to beat Hungry and the other semifinalist.  J'den will have a good chance to medal if he can beat Karimi, which he definitely can, but I don't see him getting past Salas or Espinal, although maybe if they are exhausted from eachother.

Edited by GoNotQuietly

Hey, glad to see Tervel in the bracket at all. Was pretty concerned about his health/back there...

Bracket placement is no indication of good health. He has not practiced at all leading up to weigh ins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bottom quarter of the bracket is brutal with Petriashivilli Geo, Mahkov Rus & Ghasemi Iran all there.  My guess s that the Georgian will come out on top there and probably make the finals, but it ios a tough draw.  The top 1/2 of the bracket is much easier

With our  2015 World medalist losing their first matches today, our wrestling federation head apologized to the fans/nation. 86kg and 125kg is our weak weights and we got Agkul in the first round, Chuluunbat may hope for a bronze medal since the upper half is not brutal. He is good on his on days. 

86kg we got Ganev, he cannot lose this or it's over for him. If he gets to Karimi, he may have a chance to stay alive. 

Our last hope is at 65kg with M.Ganzorig in his last Olympics

With our  2015 World medalist losing their first matches today, our wrestling federation head apologized to the fans/nation. 86kg and 125kg is our weak weights and we got Agkul in the first round, Chuluunbat may hope for a bronze medal since the upper half is not brutal. He is good on his on days. 

86kg we got Ganev, he cannot lose this or it's over for him. If he gets to Karimi, he may have a chance to stay alive. 

Our last hope is at 65kg with M.Ganzorig in his last Olympics

Wow, I wonder if Rich Bender will apologize if the US gets 0 medals in men's freestyle?