It's on the coaches

Its our Olympic trials structure. If coaches just did back room lobbying they would have realized that David Taylor and his two Spanish Grand Prix titles were far superior to the results of the trials.

What a ****ing joke by USA wrestling. Coaches, make sure your wrestler knows he's losing. Rnjdndjdidisndnsmlalsdm

It looked like the Turk didn't know he was winning with his attacks.  If the coaches had told J'Den he needed to score, he had plenty of opportunities in the last minute to either shoot, or convert one of the Turk's poor shoots.

Pretty sure Zadick was screaming...you're losing!!!  Without a break in the action I'm not sure what else he can do.  My problem is J'den gives up a shot clock point yet did 99% of the attacking in the match.  It was incredibly frustrating match to watch because Cox seemed the better wrestler.  

How is the sport at fault? Our wrestler was running away despite being behind! This is all on our coaches.

The rules. How does a shot clock point win in criteria over an offensive push out? The Turk just squeezed Cox as hard as he could for 30 seconds and wins off of that garbage?

Pretty sure Zadick was screaming...you're losing!!!  Without a break in the action I'm not sure what else he can do.  My problem is J'den gives up a shot clock point yet did 99% of the attacking in the match.  It was incredibly frustrating match to watch because Cox seemed the better wrestler.  

Plus all J'den has to do is look at the scoreboard where the winning wrestler's score is underlined.

Absolute joke that our idiot coaches can't figure out how to communicate to the wrestler that he's losing (or don't know which is worse).

I mean, no wonder we don't win any medals, nobody knows what the **** they are doing out there!

The rules. How does a shot clock point win in criteria over an offensive push out? The Turk just squeezed Cox as hard as he could for 30 seconds and wins off of that garbage?

We saw that in Adeline Gray's match too. She conceded the pushout while she was on the clock just to maintain her lead on criteria after her opponent had given up the caution in the first period. It's a penalty point. It's meant to penalize.

I hate to say it, but Cox deserved to lose. He appeared to be the better wrestler, but he gets no points for looking that way. Very costly rookie mistake and dumb match strategy did him in. So bad.

I too thought Zadick was telling Cox he was losing. Ankle picker said it all. This one is squarely on Cox, not his coaches. He paid the price for trying to be too cute by one, as they say. He has the talent to wrestle all six minutes and not coast, but he chooses the essy path too much. Same thing at NCAAs. He wrestles guys closer than he should and lets them have a legit chance to beat him. He will not go far internationally unless he changes that timid approach given his considerable physical gifts and talents.

Edited by wrestlingnerd