TheRealOne9050

65 kg Discussion

this is different

the match was won, no tie.

after the match, point awarded.

nope... the ref clearly awarded the point with a few seconds left... i immediately knew the outcome...

I can appreciate the ref following the rules but...  the match was clearly over no matter what the clock said

you can't pick and choose when the rules are applied...

you keep wrestling till the whistle... simple

I wish UWW would implement OT for medal matches.  I wouldn't have minded the penalty point if it went into OT instead of ending the way it did.

Sucks for Navruzhov to have to win that way, too. I'm sure he'd rather win as the better wrestler, and not on a technicality. 

Actually, maybe he doesn't care either way.  I don't know.

I wish UWW would implement OT for medal matches.  I wouldn't have minded the penalty point if it went into OT instead of ending the way it did.

Sucks for Navruzhov to have to win that way, too. I'm sure he'd rather win as the better wrestler, and not on a technicality. 

Actually, maybe he doesn't care either way.  I don't know.

Are you so sure?  He's the guy who won in the robbery vs Gomez.  I'm pretty sure he's just happy to win it and has justified that both calls were correct.  

Kumar lost against Lebedev in Vegas in a similar fashion.  He wasn't celebrating, but ran away from Lebedev and got hit.  The time I felt it was applied wrong was Sajidov vs. Lawal in 05.  Lawal was right there in the center of the mat ready to wrestle and got hit.  

how many times have ppl been put on the shot clock AFTER executing a shot.

How many times have guys RUN for 30 or more seconds and not been called..passive or other

10 seconds left...guy spins in circles. point. 

done.

I think this is only the 2nd match i've seen awarded to a wrestler due to premature celebration by his opponent.  The first was an old NYS final, decided by a headgear throw after the match was over.  http://law.justia.com/cases/new-york/other-courts/2005/2005-51976.html

But that was for unsportsmanlike conduct after the match. Throwing the headgear is a penalty (I never agreed with the call but just saying). This was for fleeing the hold (not sure what UWW calls it) while action was still occurring.

how many times have ppl been put on the shot clock AFTER executing a shot.

How many times have guys RUN for 30 or more seconds and not been called..passive or other

10 seconds left...guy spins in circles. point. 

done.

shots don't mean anything in international wrestling... controlling the center does... one of these days americans are going to wake up and realize that...

they just tried to do the same thing to snyder.

the only attacks were by snyder the whole match.

then they put him on the clock.

you sound like a broken record... 

shots do not mean anything... how many times have we seen a wrestler dive in on a shot with no set up and just grab a leg and stall out? it is a very useful tactic in the stall fest that is folk, but, international wrestling is not so easily fooled...

I think this is only the 2nd match i've seen awarded to a wrestler due to premature celebration by his opponent.  The first was an old NYS final, decided by a headgear throw after the match was over.  http://law.justia.com/cases/new-york/other-courts/2005/2005-51976.html

The guy who won this match was my training partner and friend.  Honestly, I thought he actually won the match on some unrewarded back-points, but that is another story.  What happened to him was so unfair, being booed by the entire arena and named in a lawsuit just for wrestling his ass off as an 18 year old kid.  Never thought I would see this come up on the forums 11 years later in a thread about the Olympics.  Weird.