TheRealOne9050

65 kg Discussion

this is different

the match was won, no tie.

after the match, point awarded.

Ref awarded the point when he was still jumping up and down either before it ended or right at the buzzer.  It's in the rules...You have to wrestle.  Jump up and down if you have a 2 point lead, not 1.   It's a tough loss, no doubt.  The ref probably should have swallowed his whistle, but you can't blame him for following the rules here.  

this is different

the match was won, no tie.

after the match, point awarded.

Depends on your definition. In any situation where points happen near the buzzer the points generally go up after the time runs out. That doesn't mean the action (or inaction) didn't happen while time was on.

Ref awarded the point when he was still jumping up and down either before it ended or right at the buzzer.  It's in the rules...You have to wrestle.  Jump up and down if you have a 2 point lead, not 1.   It's a tough loss, no doubt.  The ref probably should have swallowed his whistle, but you can't blame him for following the rules here.  

True. The ref just followed the rules.

I just checked it.. That was going to Mongolia's first Freestyle medal since 19-FREAKING-80. I'm sorry that guy had a reason to celebrate. I understand the rule.. But how many time do we see people not engage the last 5 seconds.. That was a BS call. The Refs should be glad someone like Brands wasn't coaching cause there would have been violence instead of a strip show. 

Here is the question does he make the call against one of the traditional powers Russia, UZB, Georgia. Iran...Hell even the USA. I think not. 

Edited by killdozer

I just checked it.. That was going to Mongolia's first Freestyle medal since 19-FREAKING-80. I'm sorry that guy had a reason to celebrate. I understand the rule.. But how many time do we see people not engage the last 5 seconds.. That was a BS call. The Refs should be glad someone like Brands wasn't coaching cause there would have been violence instead of a strip show. 

Here is the question does he make the call against one traditional powers Russia, UZB, George. Iran...Hell even the USA. I think not. 

Yes, but running away like that while celebrating in the opponent's face was way too blatant to ignore.