TheRealOne9050

65 kg Discussion

Based on the Asgarov match I am not optimistic for Frank ... can someone give me the optimistic case?

Different type of wrestler, Asgarov long and lanky, really bad stylistic match up for Molinaro. Chamizo not so much, although still a difficult opponent talent wise.  

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Different type of wrestler, Asgarov long and lanky, really bad stylistic match up for Molinaro. Chamizo not so much, although still a difficult opponent talent wise.  

Ok, I am starting to feel better ... GO FRANK! I'd really like to see us get a gold and a bronze (duh, obv).

I think Chamizo is even longer/lankier than Asgarov, actually.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

I think Chamizo is even longer/lankier than Asgarov, actually.

That's surprising to hear. Granted I'm watching from a computer screen, but Asgarov looked really long, taller then Chamizo, Are you sure about that? 

Based on the Asgarov match I am not optimistic for Frank ... can someone give me the optimistic case?

There is no reason to be optimistic other than the fact that anything can happen in wrestling.  Chamizo is a different class of wrestler, but maybe he has broken mentally after the Asgarov match.  Molinaro is wrestling better today than we have ever seen.  You never know what happens in the olympics.  With that said, a win is very unlikely, but we have seen much bigger upsets.  

except for walking dude out instead of trying for a 2pt takedown... makes no sense to me

I took that as an attempt to conserve some energy for the end rather than fight for one big TD and be dead the rest of the match. Probably figured his takedown defense would carry him on the last minute and just needed to build a lead. He may have been looking ahead to ensure he still has some reserves for his bronze match. Not always the winning strategy, but I could see where the logic would be implemented. With the short turnaround I'm still questioning if FM got the energy left to go deep in the bronze match but we will see.

Edited by MadMardigain

I took that as an attempt to conserve some energy for the end rather than fight for one big TD and be dead the rest of the match. Probably figured his takedown defense would carry him on the last minute and just needed to build a lead. He may have been looking ahead to ensure he still hasn't reserves for his bronze match. Not always the winning strategy, but I could see where the logic would be implemented. With the short turnaround I'm still questioning if FM got the energy left to go deep in the bronze match. We will have to wait and see.

that is a very convenient narrative, but, who knows... 

That's surprising to hear. Granted I'm watching from a computer screen, but Asgarov looked really long, taller then Chamizo, Are you sure about that?

Hmmm....UWW lists them as the same height, so maybe we're both seeing things.

30 second match while looking for 4 and taking them straight to their back for a quick pin conserves alot of energy

. If it was only that simple against the worlds best. But haven't seen a lot or TD to quick pins after the opening round. Sure he may have been able to get the takedown for 2 (doubtful on 4 and a pin) but for some reason he decided to go the conservative route and keep the momentum going out of bounds. He won, so currently his methods seem to work for him. If he loses the bronze match due to it I'm sure he will have a long flight back home to question his strategy.