TBar1977

Junior Worlds

They had a trial in Iran for the 84 weight between Goleij and 3 other wrestlers and Goleij came last, losing all 3 matches. I still think there is a chance they will send him but am not sure. Two of his losses were close, 7-7 and 5-4. It was a strong weight class.The Iran team is worse than last year at some weights (60,74) but stronger in others like 120, 66 and 96. 

Edited by Shiraz123

Repeat:

Don't get taken down, if you do, don't get laced or gutted.

On your feet, don't get thrown.

OR, do all of the above before your opponent does it to you.

The world doesn't want riding time.  We see enough of it in the equestrian events......

Edited by Hubbard

how many techs did we actually see in RIO?

i am making an assumption here, but, my guess is you could count the number of them on your hands in the repchage and medal rounds...

are folk friends will probably need a little help counting, but, i am sure someone will accommodate them...

how many techs did we actually see in RIO?

i am making an assumption here, but, my guess is you could count the number of them on your hands in the repchage and medal rounds...

are folk friends will probably need a little help counting, but, i am sure someone will accommodate them...

1 in the Finals,

4 in the Semis,

2 in Bronze Medal Matches

Iran's youth program has been remarkable.  They have to be considered the favorite again this year.  

With Micic, Pico and Cassar not in the lineup, it's tough to consider USA a threat to win it all.  I expect some great performances though.  

The word Tech-Fall in freestyle doesnt mean a whole lot anymore. 10 points is nothing now in a sport filled with guts, throws and laces. Months and years of training over in seconds with often no chance of a 2nd match. Brutal

I think that tech-fall should be 15 points, not 10 because of things like multiple leg laces and such. However, your logic isn't persuasive to me. Your logic is like saying months and years of training over in seconds with one lucky punch to the jaw. Brutal. To which LJB says "don't get hit, don't get hit in the jaw.". 

15 points will make the days longer, and you'll still get people complaining that it is too quick.

Don't lose 10-0.

How much longer depends on how many matches end in a very quick TF. I don't think that many do. But this is a detail. I agree with the sentiment. I will take it a step further actually: only a fraction of all TF's are like what happened to Tervel or Salas in the 2014 World Finals vs Sadulaev (one or at most two takedowns and a bunch of turns). When you look at Ramonov vs Asgarov TF that was pure domination. When you look at Asgarov vs Molinaro that was pure domination. 

someone posted on another thread the total amount of techs in the Olympics was minimal. Even though Tervel accounted for 2 of them.

teching someone quickly is a fine art and take years of practice. Obviously the best of the best practice par terre defense, they're not gonna change the rules for those who can't defend.