TBar1977

Junior Worlds

allthough i havent watched any of it, just looking at results shows that the US has done extremely well as compared to past results...

this is big for US Greco...

Lindland is my MFer!!!

Medals matter way more than 5th. If we can win a bronze or two today that would be great.

of course they do, we are wrestling for 2 of them this afternoon with 4 more weights to go tomorrow...

you know how many junior medals we wrestled for last year?

Yeah I agree with you. Just for Lindland's funding sake, medals mean a lot more than 5th.

I think we have a shot at 3 this year in Greco, which is nuts

I can name a non-Flo American that does commentary at events and goes to almost obscene levels, often weeks in advance, to ensure he knows all the individuals and a bit about their story. Flo is starting to up their international Free/Greco coverage, so perhaps that will also improve. I'm not saying it's horrible all the time, but I have put Flo commentary on mute before and I know others who have as well.

Believe it or not, Flo isn't the first site I go to for all my wrestling news. In fact, I often go to Wrestling Canada Lutte and it's staff to get info relevant to my market. And in this case, WCL had NO IDEA (which I confirmed last night) that streaming of Pan Ams and Worlds was through a PPV service on Flo. Neither Flo or UWW thought to include them in the process or even let them know. So in the case of Pan Ams, I was likely linked to Livestream and when it said "Content Not Available In Your Region," I probably said "That's odd, here let me click this box by the address bar" and it magically worked.

As I've mentioned numerous times, I pay for Flo Pro and I, for the most part, enjoy it. However, I live in a place that couldn't care less about folkstyle, outside of a handful of people, so much of the added benefit of the system doesn't hold the same value as it would to an American viewer. I don't really care if you formulate my suggestions into anything meaningful or not, that's your choice, but as you expand out of the US, you will face these challenges. Flo seems to have a decent relationship with USA Wrestling, so creating similar relationships with the other paying federations would be a good start. Like I said, WCL had no knowledge that worlds was PPV in Canada, thus didn't report that info to its members. Seems like marketing that fact would have helped Flo.

i wrote a longish, more pissed off response, but i'll just say this - 

we're doing fine. we're confident in our abilities, which are much better (the best) then you give us credit for.

the choice to watch or not is up to you.

Edited by Husker_Du

i wrote a longish, more pissed off response, but i'll just say this - 

we're doing fine. we're confident in our abilities, which are much better (the best) then you give us credit for.

the choice to watch or not is up to you.

I agree, you do a bang up job on a great majority of your work. I never said you didn't. You are the best at webcasting wrestling and your folkstyle coverage is second to none. Your coverage of women's wrestling has improved immensely, as has your Free/Greco coverage. Your understanding of foreign markets, working with those paying market's federations to promote your product and content regulations within those markets needs a little work, but that is easily solved by eventually making everyone pay for the service, not just one foreign nation. We aren't going to agree on a fundamental level, so we'll leave it at that.

all 8 finalists wrestled for different countries. 4 additional countries won bronzes. nice mix, but still 11/16 former USSR states. 

If you're saying the wrestling program works? Yes it does. If you're implying that all those countries are Slavs, not true but I'm sure you know that.

Oh except for Belarus. Hungarians are Magyars, Romanians are Latin. 

Edited by pinhead

If you're saying the wrestling program works? Yes it does. If you're implying that all those countries are Slavs, not true but I'm sure you know that.

Oh except for Belarus. Hungarians are Magyars, Romanians are Latin. 

how you got any of that from what I wrote is quite beyond me. in any event, each of those countries contain a multitude of ethno-linguistic populations, to which each of those wrestlers may or may not self identify. but I'm sure you know that. 

all 8 finalists wrestled for different countries. 4 additional countries won bronzes. nice mix, but still 11/16 former USSR states.

JH you are most assuredly right but I would like to add a caveat. Having looked back through all of my stuff i.e. books, magazines, videos, etc., I found it very rare that athletes from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Turkmenistan did very much under the old USSR flag. Of course they benefitted from the Soviet program but these results are unlike anything I have seen or remember.

I agree, you do a bang up job on a great majority of your work. I never said you didn't. You are the best at webcasting wrestling and your folkstyle coverage is second to none. Your coverage of women's wrestling has improved immensely, as has your Free/Greco coverage. Your understanding of foreign markets, working with those paying market's federations to promote your product and content regulations within those markets needs a little work, but that is easily solved by eventually making everyone pay for the service, not just one foreign nation. We aren't going to agree on a fundamental level, so we'll leave it at that.

so in summation, you're just upset that Canada has to pay. got it.