Sign in to follow this  
newyorkwrestler

retirees

Tervel is almost assured, Dennis likely.  Nobody said anything officially though. 

I hope Dennis goes a little longer. It's been a short comeback, but he's a hot target initially. And he could play some old-man on the rest of the field for another year or two. As disappointing as the Olympics must have been for Dennis, USA Wrestling needs all the competition it can get at this weight. I love that he came out of the back of his truck to level the playing field!

I doubt Ramos will ever practice a stare down again, which might not be great for Team USA, but it will be good for the competition at this weight. 

I'm also in the camp that I hope Dennis sticks around. I think he should try 61 Kg. I think the cut to 57, was a bit of a stretch.

As far as who else is going to move on, well I suspect we'll see quite a few call it a day. On one hand, it's a little sad to see, that some fell short of their goals. But this will also be the beginning for others that will be starting out or moving up.