Sign in to follow this  
WrestleMGL

Mongolia Receives Ban from all UWW events on calendar Indefinitely

My response: Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

I said when this happened that UWW would ignore the underlying reasons WHY the Mongolians went ballistic, and simply clamp down on the Mongolians for going ballistic. Well, that's exactly what happened. I'm reminded of Ara Abrahamian eight years ago in Beijing, where the National Federation was initially banned from hosting events for two years (because, frankly, I have no idea). That part was overturned on appeal, fortunately. (the sanctions against Abrahamian and his coaches, however, stood)

I just listened to the World Wrestling Resource podcast -- Terry Brands said that the coaches were told by the officials that an athlete fleeing at the end of the match would be warned by the officials -- and the match would halt.  Then, if the wrestler continued to flee, the opponent would be awarded a point.  Obviously that didn't happen in this case.

Also, the Uzbek official was apparently in charge of assigning referees to mats, and Navruzov benefited from several bad calls.

Given those two pieces of information, it's only logical that the Mongolians should be banned for demonstrating publicly that their athlete was robbed.

!!!

Mongolian doesn't exactly translate well in Google Translate, hence the issues. 

He said "It looks like the decision has arrived that Mongolian team will be banned indefinitely from UWW's Calendar of International tournaments"

UWW kalendarchiliin olon ulsiin temtseend mgliin bag bureldehuunuudiig hizgaargyi hugtsaagaar hasah shiidver irsen bh shig bn......

So the McLaren Report shows that the Russian government was tampering with Russian wrestlers' drug samples over a period of years, and nothing happens. 

But then two Mongolian coaches peacefully protest after their guy apparently got screwed out of a bronze medal, and the entire Mongolian team is suspended indefinitely?

Is this real?

Edited by Katie

Katie

It is true. The Mongolian Wrestling Federation President says that he will have to apologize in the next UWW Congress.

Since he took office he really supported the team and Battsetseg won couple World Championships and a historic team performance in 2015.

He also held successful tournaments in Mongolia, especially the Olympic qualifier. So he wont let all the progress go to waste.

However if you dont see our wrestlers in future tournaments, I guess young athletes will start flocking to Judo

Katie

It is true. The Mongolian Wrestling Federation President says that he will have to apologize in the next UWW Congress.

Since he took office he really supported the team and Battsetseg won couple World Championships and a historic team performance in 2015.

He also held successful tournaments in Mongolia, especially the Olympic qualifier. So he wont let all the progress go to waste.

However if you dont see our wrestlers in future tournaments, I guess young athletes will start flocking to Judo

Apologize for what? Did the Mongolian Wrestling Federation President give the coaches instructions to strip during one of their matches? If I were him, I'd go to the Congress in Macon (France) and tell those convened to it.

Seriously, if UWW wants to punish those two coaches, fine, ban their for a cycle. But an indefinite suspension for the entire country, all but two of them who did absolutely nothing wrong, is insane.

Again. We need to petition the IOC to decertify the organization formerly known as FILA, and demand a new structure be put in its place.

So the McLaren Report shows that the Russian government was tampering with Russian wrestlers' drug samples over a period of years, and nothing happens. 

But then two Mongolian coaches peacefully protest after their guy apparently got screwed out of a bronze medal, and the entire Mongolian team is suspended indefinitely?

Is this real?

That about sums it up.

the guy was about to win an Olympic bronze medal! Blow the whistle with 5 secs to go to warn him for not engaging, bring them back to the middle, blow the whistle and end the match.

ZERO POINTS should've been rewarded here, that's the issue.

that punishment of course is ridiculous..

Edited by DuckFor2

There has to be some arbitration or appeals process. Or maybe the head of the Mongolian wrestling federation can meet with the UWW board or Lalovic himself and get this squared away. Because this seems utterly ridiculous to ban an entire nation and all it's wrestlers because the actions of two coaches. And if the UWW won't let Mongolia back in, I hope the Mogolian Wrestling Federation takes the UWW to court, and forces the UWW to concede their ridiculous position.