Sign in to follow this  
WildTurkey44

Iowa's situation at 184

Is Lofthouse really better than Gambral at 184? Maybe it was just a fluke when Grant beat Bosak for 3rd as a sophmore. But at this point i dont see Ethen as an all american at this weight. I say have a public wrestle off so we all know the truth. Grant is a senior and may have already wrestled his last match as a Hawkeye. thats a hard pill to swallow..

Is Lofthouse really better than Gambral at 184? Maybe it was just a fluke when Grant beat Bosak for 3rd as a sophmore. But at this point i dont see Ethen as an all american at this weight. I say have a public wrestle off so we all know the truth. Grant is a senior and may have already wrestled his last match as a Hawkeye. thats a hard pill to swallow..

I have asked this alot in several avenues and have not been able to get a definitive answer. The most reliable thing I have heard is he is having concussion issues similar to Deitchler at Minnesota and simply may not be physically able to wrestle.

I think Evans moving up hurts Iowa as a team. But if he can't hold the weight and Gambrell is out I guess what do ya do.

125- MCD- Champ

133- Ramos- Finalist

141- Ballweg- Low AA-R12

149- Kelly- NQ?

157- StJ- Champ

165- Evans- Mid-Low AA Moore-NQ maybe

174- Lofthouse- Low AA Evans- Mid AA

184- Gambrell- Low AA Lotfhouse- NQ

197- Burak- depending on how many spots he might qualify for nationals

285- Telford- Mid AA

Iowa's not my team, but I enjoyed watching Gambral wrestle. His mother was staying at the same motel I was once, and she's a very nice lady. If he's got concussion issues, I hope he fully recovers.

Looks like he would've fit in against MSU the other day. Here's a match from a couple years ago that gets a little chippy around 04:25. It's pretty clear that the MSU kid started it. Starts around 04:25. Say, do the Iowa/MSU duals have a history of this kind of stuff? Or is this match and the latest two just a couple of anomalies?

Iowa's not my team, but I enjoyed watching Gambral wrestle. His mother was staying at the same motel I was once, and she's a very nice lady. If he's got concussion issues, I hope he fully recovers.

Looks like he would've fit in against MSU the other day. Here's a match from a couple years ago that gets a little chippy around 04:25. It seems that the MSU kid started it. Starts around 04:25. Say, do the Iowa/MSU duals have a history of this kind of stuff? Or is this match and the latest two just a couple of anomalies?

Had to bring this thread back since Grant was thrown out there against Ruth. First off it was good to see Grant again even if he was the sacrificial lamb! How many other 84 pounders can say they took Ruth down this year?

So who is the guy going forward? I really would like it to be Grant. He is the Senior with nothing to lose. If his concussion problems were keeping him out of the lineup the coaches would have never put him out there against the beast. I honestly think Grant can make a little noise at Bigtens and Nationals.

Ethen can go ahead and go on his mission now. Come back in 2 years with the right mindset and confidence, much the same as Uncle Luke. Sam Brooks will fill in just fine while Ethen works it out.

Hard choice for Tom but he will do what is best for the team. (Unlike putting Grothus out against Alton). :)