Sign in to follow this  
Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

FS World Cup in Iran

not sure how I would feel having to go wrestle folkstyle after being in the Olympics.

wrestling in the WC in Iran where they adore the US wrestlers would be a once in a lifetime opportunity! Nothing left to prove to the NCAA.

not sure how I would feel having to go wrestle folkstyle after being in the Olympics.

wrestling in the WC in Iran where they adore the US wrestlers would be a once in a lifetime opportunity! Nothing left to prove to the NCAA.

I think the WC is in Iran for the next 3 years (could be wrong) so both Jden and Snyder would have the opportunity after college. 

Both guys seem to care about their teams and NCAA titles. I agree that they don't need them, but it really helps their future coaching opportunities and sponsorship opportunities. The exposure in the US from winning NCAAs is far greater than winning a few matches at the World Cup, even though obviously beating world ranked guys is more impressive.

Not to mention, I think both want to be able to say they are 3 time champs. 

the last World Cup in LA was a really cool event but it just wasn't that big of a deal. Only Iran and the USA seemed to take it seriously, and Team USA was down a few starters. Lots of forfeits.

Travelling to Terhan sounds a more interesting time than St Louis but if there will be 2 more opportunities after this one I think I'd pick the NCAAs. 

Nice options to have though. Can't go wrong in either case. 

the last World Cup in LA was a really cool event but it just wasn't that big of a deal. Only Iran and the USA seemed to take it seriously, and Team USA was down a few starters. Lots of forfeits.

Travelling to Terhan sounds a more interesting time than St Louis but if there will be 2 more opportunities after this one I think I'd pick the NCAAs. 

Nice options to have though. Can't go wrong in either case. 

i agree! USA can make great show! i like World Cup in Los Angeles, California....when World Cup 2011 were held in Makhachkala looked so terribly and stupid! 

Edited by Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Only Iran takes the W Cup seriously and sends its stars.

It;s like the Europa League. No one cares. Everyone does about the FIFA Champions League

Soccer analogy, look it up. 

Ok it;s like women's softball, no one cares or dare I say wimmen's "wrestling". 

Yawn........

Look I know not every "A" player goes to the World Cup, but it's still a very good and worthwhile event. And enough good wrestlers go, to make it worth while for both the wrestlers, and the spectators. If we look back at this last year, look who our guys faced in that two day period. I think all our guys got a tremendous benefit out of it.