Sign in to follow this  
tigerfan9311

J'den Cox to play football in 2017

http://www.abc17news.com/sports/sportscast-jden-cox-puts-columbia-on-the-map/41463496

Looks like Cox will finish his wrestling in 4 years and use his final year of eligibility to play football for Mizzou.  He was a two-time all-state linebacker in HS, and told me he was being recruited by B1G  and Big12 schools.  How much impact could he possibly have on the gridiron at this point though?

Does this mean he plans on moving up to 97kg?  Or will he play football at 215 lbs?

The article also mentions he had a torn meniscus leading up to the Olympics and had surgery immediately upon returning, but will only be out for 4 weeks and shouldn't miss any of the season.

I know he said that but I'm not sure if it will happen. If he is actually good enough to make the NFL, maybe but I doubt it. If he had stuck with football it sounds like he would've been good enough but he is not big enough and hasn't been practicing on that level.

If he had gone the football route, nobody would say he could hurry mp into wrestling and be an NCAA champ, let alone an Olympoc medalist. Even with a guy as talented as he is, without the work, it is a long shot to be elite.

Maybe he will prove me wrong and be a top notch college football player but I doubt it.

I agree just an itch that he may want to scratch. Saw him play high school football. He was

good but very questionable D1 prospect. Size and speed is very tweener position wise defensively.

As I recall he did not play much at all on the offensive side of the ball in high school. That being said

football takes the least athleticism and technical ability of all the sports and J'den has that great mind

over matter going for him. 

I agree just an itch that he may want to scratch. Saw him play high school football. He was

good but very questionable D1 prospect. Size and speed is very tweener position wise defensively.

As I recall he did not play much at all on the offensive side of the ball in high school. That being said

football takes the least athleticism and technical ability of all the sports and J'den has that great mind

over matter going for him. 

Football takes the least athleticism?