Sign in to follow this  
Coach_J

Scott, Dutt, Chaos...

Coleman possibly will receive gold?  http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/16739

And bronze medalist Dutt of India says he will not take the silver he will be upgraded to:  http://www.thenewsminute.com/article/let-russians-keep-silver-medal-it-will-keep-family-honour-intact-yogeshwar-dutt-49136

The game needs to clean up its act...

I have never known Coleman Scott to not act with total class and sportsmanship.  HE is not the one doing the drug testing or reallocation of medals.  To accuse him of lacking humanity for competing clean and according to the rules is sour grapes at its worst.

I admire Dutt's decision and consider him an exemplary person.  Me, I'd have that damn medal Fed Exed to me!  Whatever Scott decides (hard to criticize him as lacking humanity when no final decision has been made yet), he should feel no shame for the reallocation (again, he isn't the one making these decisions) or possibly receiving a belated gold because of the cheating of others (again, he didn't make anyone take PEDs).

And while I think 4-8 years later softens the aura of justice in these cases, it is still just to right past wrongs, no matter how long ago, to send a stern (if late) message about short-cuts, doping, and gaming the system.

I'd be more concerned with money from sponsors and such. Can he sue the IOC or WADA for lost wages?

Don't think he would win, as long as they followed the agreed upon testing protocol (WADA and IOC, not the wrestlers). 

The testing capabilities have improved, which is why they were caught. I don't think we can blame the IOC or WADA for this. It would be like blaming a doctor for not diagnosing cancer in someone, when the tech to diagnose it didn't exist yet. 

I loved Dutt in London. They looked like he had been through hell and before he even started his bronze medal match and then had a great match, which if I remember correctly, he won in the 3rd period over a N. Korean with a tight leg lace

Indian have human qualities, these qualities have non American Scott

Once again he's talking out of his ass because his mouth knows better. I have tried to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. He's trying 2 post on an English message board and English is not his first language. But it's a constant stream of whining, useless posts such as this one that have no basis in fact, etc. Today for instance. The US will only win one gold. Then when they win 2, well Hall is not Sadullaev (sp). Just a Russian version of some of our American pseudo intellectual internet tough guys. And no it is not that time of the month either.

This guy insinuating that Dutt is somehow more honorable than Scott...garbage.

-Dutt doesn't want the Silver because he feels that it is insulting to a dead man's wife and children.  Besik Kudukhov beat Dutt.  If Kudukhov were alive, Dutt probably wouldn't have a problem with it.

-Scott getting the Gold would be because he lost to Asgarov, who is not only alive, but still winning medals.

It will be interesting to see if Asgarov gets his Rio Silver revoked, which would mean Chamizo would get Silver and, you guessed it, Molinaro with a Bronze!

-Dutt doesn't want the Silver because he feels that it is insulting to a dead man's wife and children.  Besik Kudukhov beat Dutt.  If Kudukhov were alive, Dutt probably wouldn't have a problem with it.

-Scott getting the Gold would be because he lost to Asgarov, who is not only alive, but still winning medals.

It will be interesting to see if Asgarov gets his Rio Silver revoked, which would mean Chamizo would get Silver and, you guessed it, Molinaro with a Bronze!

Couldn't have said it better myself. It's ****ing garbage

-Dutt doesn't want the Silver because he feels that it is insulting to a dead man's wife and children. Besik Kudukhov beat Dutt. If Kudukhov were alive, Dutt probably wouldn't have a problem with it.

If Scott accepts Asgarov's gold medal it will be a slap in the face of all the people that have a unibrow.