Sign in to follow this  
WillieBoy

Any schools West of the Rockies relevant his year?

I think Z Valencia may have a shot at winning 174.   If he is @ 184 I think he is behind Dean and just one of many challengers ina very deep and talented weight. I would not favor him above Dudley, Renda, Boyd or Zavatsky.  You could also have Bo N & M Martin there wihich would also be a pick em match in folkstyle. 

Zahid is at 174 from what I've heard. I also hear rumors that bojo is moving up to 174 as well allowing for a Martin redshirt. Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Do you think they will redshirt Martin or have him go 184?

How come Coach Zalesky at Oregon State has not been able to get them into the top 10 on a regular basis?

The school is located in a great area and is a lot nicer than anything in Iowa.

Why aren't they able to put it all together?

There is a stigma with regards to the PNW ... It's called weather. North of Portland up to Seattle is a "Rain Forest" environment. Most folks don't realize O State is in a "Dry" Climate. ( both Washington, and Oregon are 2/3 dry arid High desert) Also O State is in the middle of nowhere.  Someway, we need to get the UW and WSU back into the Wrestling game..... 

The school is located in a great area and is a lot nicer than anything in Iowa.

Maybe it's a great area to live in, but it is certainly not a great wrestling area, which is by far the most important consideration as far as location is concerned. What's the draw for elite recruits, who are absolute requirements for top 10 status unless you are Edinboro?

Well that would be great if the Pac 12, got some additional Wrestling programs, not just Washington and Washington State, but maybe Utah, Arizona, and Colorado as well. As a fan I am happy to see any school add Wrestling to their sports programs.

I think Coach Zalesky, and Zeke Jones are great coaches, and will always have pretty good teams. I am just not sure how well Coach Zalesky has been doing in recruiting some of the Nation's top talent as of late. However, on the other hand, I think that Coach Jones has been recruiting very well, and I think it's just a matter of time before we see the Sundevils make a big push and challenge the usual powerhouses, as well as the other programs on the rise.

Bad redshirt year and getting stomped in juniors by guys like Seely and Andre Lee. Was a stud in HS, no doubt.

Anthony Valencia will most likely AA this year as long as his mental game is ready to match his physical game.

Zahid is my pick to win NCAAs if he goes 174.

I think Benick will most likely go 0-2 at NCAAs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anthony Valencia will most likely AA this year as long as his mental game is ready to match his physical game.

Zahid is my pick to win NCAAs if he goes 174.

I think Benick will most likely go 0-2 at NCAAs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was going to say something similar about Anthony. Zahid definitely has "it" but Anthony doesn't seem to have it between his ears yet. Talented as all hell but seems to crumble when things don't go his way. I do definitely think Benick will do better than an 0-2 though. Maybe a blood round guy or fringe AA.