Sign in to follow this  
jmachinder

Jr. World Team Scores heading into day 2

Well Russia had a monster tourney, maybe not as good as the Japanese girls, but still a great tourney for them, 2 champs, seven medals in total. Azerbijan, also had a great tourney, along with Iran, (even though, the had a forfeit to the Isreali, and took some other losses), they still had two champs, and two Silvers. I also thought Turkey did very well also. One champ, two Silvers and a Bronze.

I thought we did pretty good as well, with two champs, and a Bronze. It would've been nice if Fix could've have won his first match, and if he did, I think he would've been the Champ. Additionally it would've been great if we could've gotten a few more medals.

Thinking about last year compared to this year, well we did have two champions this time, compared to only one last year. So that's an improvement, but last year we had more overall medals and had things worked out a little differently, I think last year's team could been one of those great teams everyone talks about. But with Joey not making weight, and Cassar, getting hurt, that was a huge blow to that team. Anyway, on to the Cadets, and best of luck to them.

Cadets, that's where our bread is buttered. 

No injury - they won't wrestle Israelis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's sick. I'm sure most Iranian wrestlers take umbrage with their countries policy. 

I wish some Iranians could explain this. Too there aren't any arabic powerhouses in wrestling either. 

I'd be curious to see what they do. Egypt is an ally of sorts (of Israel) but hardly a world beater.

All the Russian muslims, former SSR's  wrestle israelis. 

Edited by pinhead

Part of the problem with our team this year is that we had returning medalists Pico and Micic who were still eligible to return to the lineups but didn't as well as Cassar.  We really needed our best squad at full health if we were going to make a run at it.