Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:47 PM

no problem

#122 Peso

Peso

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:42 AM

I miss the great light weights at 105 and 114.   I'll bet Cruz and Bobby Weaver and Cory Baze would make a hell of a round robin.  

• KTG119 likes this

#123 fanta

fanta

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:33 AM

Never too early to start the conversation. Who do you think wins this match and makes the world team at 55 kg?

#124 Eagle26

Eagle26

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:48 AM

So if Spencer Lee had wrestled at WTT does anyone think he would've beaten Fix? Right after NCAAs I would have picked Lee. Now I think I would pick Fix. I know, recency bias at it's finest, but that's honestly my thoughts. 

• BigTenFanboy likes this

#125 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:21 AM

I think Lee would have won this fantasy matchup.
  • CaliWrestler likes this

#126 Erminio8

Erminio8

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:38 AM

Lee hasn't wrestled Freestyle in what, 1.5 years? and he's coming off the grind of an NCAA season. Fix didn't wrestle much at all this NCAA season. He's mentally and physically fresher and has a size advantage. I'm a very biased Lee fan but I think Fix would've won.

#127 Alwayswrestling

Alwayswrestling

Gold Member

• Members
  • 9,963 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 11:25 AM

It would of been fun to watch! As a fan I am looking forward to their rivalry!

#128 russelscout

russelscout

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:13 PM

Both elite guys. I would pick Lee over Ramos for sure, but even as a Hawkeye fan, in free I think it is a toss up right now.
"To use the word domination for me, we do preach that to our guys. We talk about building leads and scoring points, but when I'm talking to an audience it's almost hypacritcal in my mind. We got work to do before we get to the domination." -Tom Brands

#129 spladle08

spladle08

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:16 PM

Yeah, I am huge Fix fan but I'll admit I have no idea how the match would actually go, I would assume its a toss and it would be 6-4  in one of their favors if they wrestled 10, I like to think Fix would be the winner but I don't "Believe" it by any means. Excited for the future 

#130 steen-hooph

steen-hooph

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:45 AM

I could see Fix at 33 in college where weigh ins pile up. I thought he looked bigger than Ramos. Then again Okie state has never been shy about having their guys shed a few pounds.

#131 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:23 AM

IMO, Fix runs his win streak over Lee to 3.      

#132 Coach_J

Coach_J

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:49 AM

I miss the great light weights at 105 and 114.   I'll bet Cruz and Bobby Weaver and Cory Baze would make a hell of a round robin.  

Throw Billy Rosado and TJ Hill into that mix--awesome!

All Motown, All the Time

www.writeondetroit.com

#133 WildTurkey44

WildTurkey44

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:20 AM

Everytime Fix wins a tournament it means he will beat Spencer in a fantasy matchup. Never changes

#134 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:22 AM

Everytime Fix wins a tournament it means he will beat Spencer in a fantasy matchup. Never changes

Maybe Lee should show up.
  • Eagle26 and Cletus_Tucker like this

Anyone but Heil '18

http://contenttolosebythree.com

#135 smcfee

smcfee

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:59 AM

Probably because he did beat him in their last real matchups?

• Cletus_Tucker likes this

Even a blind hog eventually can find a truffle if he sniffs hard enough!

#136 Cradle1

Cradle1
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:07 AM

Lee in folk and fix in free

#137 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:29 PM

If Fix went to Iowa and Lee to another school you would be agreeing.

#138 WildTurkey44

WildTurkey44

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:50 PM

If Fix went to Iowa and Lee to another school you would be agreeing.

I like Fix a lot. Helluva wrestler. Easy for you to attack posters for supporting their team when you have no designated team to support yourself right? You keep bouncing around joining whatever fire is burning hottest. Nothing has changed here

#139 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:58 PM

I like Fix a lot. Helluva wrestler. Easy for you to attack posters for supporting their team when you have no designated team to support yourself right? You keep bouncing around joining whatever fire is burning hottest. Nothing has changed here

Actually I support wrestlers before supporting any team. Wrestling is an individual sport with a team component. Liked David Taylor when he was in high school and would have still been his fan had he gone to Iowa State, Ohio State, or wherever else. You like Spencer Lee because he chose Iowa. Had he gone to PSU you would hate his guts.

I liked Suriano when he was in high school. Was his fan when he went to PSU and was still his fan after transferring to Rutgers.

You hated PD3 until he was supposed to go to Iowa. You suddenly liked the guy after it was announced he was going to wrestle there. After he ended up not getting to wrestle you then said he was never a Hawkeye. Actually he is/was a Hawkeye. Anyone who is a student at the University of Iowa is a Hawkeye.

Edited by BigTenFanboy, 22 May 2018 - 01:01 PM.

• Cletus_Tucker likes this

#140 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,915 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 01:02 PM

This thread is hilarious. When Lee had an awesome NCAA Fix went from wonder kind to really good but not in Lee's league. Now suddenly Fix is all of that (again). My take is these two are a good problem to have, both just so talented in the same weight. I have no clue as how they will play out. Both are, like Snyder, Hall, Valecia, and the other young guns, unflappable. For them a loss is just one match, move on, and get better. Even a big loss, or big deal loss, is just one match.
  • Cradle1 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users