Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

WhIch number 1 will get knocked off

He's not necessarily going to be a lot stronger, or in a different weight class. Especially with so few weight classes at the highest level (6). But even with a strength advantage, the lengthier wrestler will be favored by most. I'm not looking for you to agree with me. I'm more so telling you what's preferable by most at the highest levels. The "every body type is equally preferable crowd" hardly exists in the real world. This will continue to be the case after this thread ends. Thanks for the discussion.

If they are the same body fat percentage then yes he would be stronger or in a different weightclass. Every body type might not be equal in the real world, but we are talking about wrestling.

If I recall correctly you mentioned the Dean/Snyder comparison in a previous thread. I believe "neck clubbing" was a reason given for why the match would be a toss up.

You may feel height and/or leverage shouldn't be used as a big gauge, but many, including myself, don't agree. I believe, like strength, it's an important factor that must be considered when a wrestler moves up a weight. All things being equal, I give an edge to the lengthier guy far more times than not. Most of the greatest wrestlers/coaches will tell you the prototypical wrestler body is one that has good length. If you doubt that, ask around and you'll see what I say is true.

+My wife always tells me good length is always good!