Sign in to follow this  
LJB

Women Cadet

no one cares about the chiks?

come on...

2 bronzes today... not horrible...

big disappointment that merijah didn't make weight... my oldest trained with her and helped her cut for WTT... she struggles with the cut, but, you have one job and that is to make weight... fly around the world and miss is unacceptable...

big disappointment that merijah didn't make weight... my oldest trained with her and helped her cut for WTT... she struggles with the cut, but, you have one job and that is to make weight... fly around the world and miss is unacceptable...

love the empathy.  Bet she didn't really care about weight and wrestling in the world championships, just wanted a free trip to Tblisi.   

Cadet UWW Trials for Cadet Women was at BodyBar which was way back in April (I think). The growth factor seems to affects Cadets the most. Boyd looked even bigger and stronger at Worlds. 

it is definitely a concern, but, if anyone thinks it is going to be an issue then don't pull so much for WTT, or, let someone know early on in the process of getting ready for worlds that it is not going well so maybe they can make a back up plan...

it was known she was struggling

Congrats to our girls on a pretty good tourney. 5 medals, and a 3rd place finish. If I'm one of the coaches I'm pretty happy. However, I have to ask, what in the world is the Japanese Wrestling program doing with their girls? They had a phenomenal tourney just like they did a couple of weeks ago at Juniors. I am super curious on how they have made that program which is successful, but now seems incredible.

Easy!!  They have support.  Just look at the California team here in the United States.  Why have they been such a Goliath??

Because California supports them.  They have a whole High School State Championship series dedicated just to high school girls wrestling. (Just like the boys)  Every year you have more and more girls participation out there in Cali.  (Single Division BTW)

I'm sure Japan has a very competitive series for there National women's team.  

Fanta, point taken about the girls in California, but if you look at the latest Japanese results at Rio, the Juniors, and now Cadets, there has to be something more than just support and the number of girls competing. The Japanese training and preparation program must be far and away better, than everyone else on the planet.

And if the Japanese have found a way to create the number one Female Wrestling program on the planet, perhaps it can be replicated to other programs elsewhere, like our Greco program.

Edited by de4856