Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Who's #1 Thread

Let's not forget that some of these kid went to Junior and Cadet worlds and have been training strictly Freestyle the past 6 months and just had to peek for that event. It's hard to peek for another event a month later the body just don't work that way. 

Fix, Bravo-Young, Carr all wrestled at Cadet or Junior Worlds and won. The only one to lose was Wittlake who lost on a late takedown. 

Fix, Bravo-Young, Carr all wrestled at Cadet or Junior Worlds and won. The only one to lose was Wittlake who lost on a late takedown.

In a match where he was the underdog.

He looked good in it too.

We have some serious young talent. Best we've ever had. I hope it translates to winning juniors next year and then to seniors in a few years.

Ramos has been training for 61kg since Trials ended in April. He was at 61kg for the World Cup in June. It is October now. I don't think that's a good excuse.

Ramos said in a Flo interview that he if focused on the 57kg spot for 2017.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Ramos said in a Flo interview that he if focused on the 57kg spot for 2017.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Does this mean he's not competing at 61kg next month? Or just that he's planning to go back down in 2017 regardless of the outcome?

Sorry I didn't quote it my post was in mention to Fix not looking that good.

Does this mean he's not competing at 61kg next month? Or just that he's planning to go back down in 2017 regardless of the outcome?

Without re-listening to the interview, I remember him saying he will not try out for the 61kg World Team. It's up on Flo right now, I just can't listen at the moment.  

Um, it was  an exhibition

A lot can be learned from Rocky IV. Beyond being an inspiring Cold War era film that presented a hopeful outlook to a nearly forgotten peace between the US and the USSR ("If I can change and you can change, everybody can change!"), it also sends the message that one should always be ready for a fight... even if it is an exhibition! RIP Apollo!

Brewer never really considered going to 141. He made 133 with no problem. Internationally he'll make 125.5 with not much of a problem with the night before weigh ins. I told him before last season he could beat Ramos in freestyle. I didn't think he'd tech him though.

Ramos has beaten Colon 3 times in freestyle: 6-4 in 2015 US Open semis and then sweeping 2015 World Team finals in 2015 (6-0 and 3-1)

Colon had Ramos dead to rights  in the 2015 US Open match- I think he jumped out to a 4-0 lead right away. Ramos actually showed a lot of poise coming back. I'm a Ramos fan, and it's sad to think that one of his most memorable Senior level wins was against Joe Colon. 

Ramos looked like he was barely trying. He gave up each takedown too easily, it wrestled like an exhibition match. I am not saying Brewer can't beat him but the butt-kicking seemed like Ramos just didn't care.

Some of this has to do with the uniforms.  Looks like we are watching a practice match.