Sign in to follow this  
jammen

Could I coach the Nittany Lions to a title?

Fritz and Sunderland coached 15 podiums in 17 National Duals appearances, including two titles, three 3rds, and four 4ths. Cael tried a single Virginia Duals and forever quit the knockout formula when he lost, and then campaigned to destroy the National Duals. Or doesn't any of that factor in to your best coach considerations?

LMAO. This is gonna be a fun year.

Fritz and Sunderland coached 15 podiums in 17 National Duals appearances, including two titles, three 3rds, and four 4ths.  Cael tried a single Virginia Duals and forever quit the knockout formula when he lost, and then campaigned to destroy the National Duals.  Or doesn't any of that factor in to your best coach considerations?

Although a very funny response, NOPE.  I wish National Duals mattered, but sadly, they don't!

Fritz and Sunderland coached 15 podiums in 17 National Duals appearances, including two titles, three 3rds, and four 4ths.  Cael tried a single Virginia Duals and forever quit the knockout formula when he lost, and then campaigned to destroy the National Duals.  Or doesn't any of that factor in to your best coach considerations?

Actually, Penn State went to the Virginia Duals twice under Sanderson, the first time, finishing fourth (losses to the two Oklahoma schools), and the second time they won (beating Michigan in the final).

Actually, Penn State went to the Virginia Duals twice under Sanderson, the first time, finishing fourth (losses to the two Oklahoma schools), and the second time they won (beating Michigan in the final).

Yeah, I forgot the VMI, Kent State, Edinboro run to the finals. 

Coach jammen wins the title this year and next at the helm of the mighty Nittany Lions, but then finishes 4th in 3 years and off the podium after that as his lack of recruiting panache and insistence during home visits on recruits watching old Minnesota National Duals victories confuses and befuddles both recruits and their parents.

Fritz and Sunderland coached 15 podiums in 17 National Duals appearances, including two titles, three 3rds, and four 4ths. Cael tried a single Virginia Duals and forever quit the knockout formula when he lost, and then campaigned to destroy the National Duals. Or doesn't any of that factor in to your best coach considerations?

You are no doubt the GOAT at what you do. Edited by PapaBearSLIM

No.

If it was just taking good guys and winning Cael would have done it at ISU.

Remember that Bobby Douglass couldn't get it done with Cael, Joe Heskett and Aaron Holker winning NCAA titles in the same year.

Edited by WillieBoy

See IOWA. Jim Zalesky. Tom Brands.

If you had the arsenal full you might pull it off until they had to be replaced.

He wouldn't get 1 crummy title. Under the current transfer rules, they'd all transfer if he were named coach. 

Edited by TBar1977

The level of sensitivity and butthurt in people, and the things they'll come up with to try and avoid reality and make themselves feel a little better, is just amazing these days.

Sanderson is undeniably the best coach in the land. No not anyone can just go in there and do it. There are MANY facets to being a college head coach. There is so much more to it than just developing technique (which by the way is an area where he's certainly at the top of the list). And there is just no logical way anyone can put up a reasonable argument that he's not number one right now. Anyone who argues is doing so out of licking their wounds.

Edited by Lurker

If Cael left, could Jammen step in and finish in the top 3 the next 10 years? Or would Jammen have a huge drop-off when the current recruits graduate?

the current roster would transfer to Iowa state

Truth is that we will never know. Maybe Iowa's shadow was too tall, but maybe he climbs that mountain. Matters not in the end, except to a small number of fans.

The one thing we can know is that Cael Sanderson has had a very positive iimpact on wrestling here in the state of Pennsylvania and beyond.

A college assistant coach from outside PA asked me after PSU won in Philly what I thought on the implications of that.

I told him not only is PSU the new power but that you will see an entire shift to the east which is where it belongs.

We saw it this weekend with all the OH, PA, NJ, NY and MD semi finalists. Programs like Cornell coming back, Lehigh, Rutgers, VT and NC State.

Lock Haven! And we all know Kolat is going to put things together. UNC! And keep an eye on Pitt.

Personally, I would much rather be the new head coach at Fresno than many mid west programs right now. I understand why Dresser went home but it's a mistake and Carl got out when the getting was good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

A college assistant coach from outside PA asked me after PSU won in Philly what I thought on the implications of that.

I told him not only is PSU the new power but that you will see an entire shift to the east which is where it belongs.

We saw it this weekend with all the OH, PA, NJ, NY and MD semi finalists. Programs like Cornell coming back, Lehigh, Rutgers, VT and NC State.

Lock Haven! And we all know Kolat is going to put things together. UNC! And keep an eye on Pitt.

Personally, I would much rather be the new head coach at Fresno than many mid west programs right now. I understand why Dresser went home but it's a mistake and Carl got out when the getting was good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I agree with all of that. 

This will help explain how to win NCAA team titles:

1) PSU.......(9,3,4,5,1,7,5)

2) OH St....(10,8,8,11,6,1,4,1)

3) Iowa......(1,27,8,2,14)

From there it drops off considerably.  So recruit a lineup of top ten talent and it's easy.  Figures don't lie.

So are you suggesting don't recruit? Just sit back and see who shows up? Not sure what you think you're going to prove here.

That I could coach a team composed of top ten recruits to a title.  Did you miss the thread title?

Well I don't know you at all nor do I know your coaching abilities. I'm assuming that goes for the vast majority of this board. So yes I did read it, but obviously there is no way we could answer that question. So if the real question is could just anyone show up an campus, and as long as they have top recruits, walk their way to a national championship, the answer is no. Obviously recruiting is a big piece to success. Saying it's the only piece shows your ignorance in all that is involved in running a championship program. Or just pure bias/hate. But, as it relates to you, which one is another question we can't answer with any certainty, only you could.

Edited by Lurker

Except, no. You actually can't, otherwise you would. They would all transfer the minute you were named coach.

You have no idea who Jammen is, nor do we know who you are except you basically admitted you were on the payroll in some capacity.

Edited by headshuck