Sign in to follow this  
jammen

Could I coach the Nittany Lions to a title?

Those people are not defending anyone here. Would you go to a PSU volleyball or swimming board to discuss Sandusky? No. So let's not turn this board into a cesspool. Anyone can EASILY tie that sickness to any school out there. There are sick people everywhere.

And I am agreeing with you but I've lived in PA my whole life and I do think there is a correlation between Paterno hero worship and Sanderson hero worship among a certain % of the population and I don't think regarding Paterno, it is small (but it is with Sanderson and they are the same people).

I have no issue with people thinking Sanderson is the best coach in college wrestling, nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

In a word, no. You could not coach PSU to a title with the same recruits.

Why not? If the HC doesn't actually get on the mat and roll around with the wrestlers, and lets his assistants do the technical work anyway, then why couldn't somebody take the crapload of talent at PSU and win titles with it? Not saying just anybody could come along and bring all the studs into the same stable like Cael, mind you, but I'm sure there are lots of guys who could "Larry Coker" their way to a title or three while the talent winds down.

Why not? If the HC doesn't actually get on the mat and roll around with the wrestlers, and lets his assistants do the technical work anyway, then why couldn't somebody take the crapload of talent at PSU and win titles with it? Not saying just anybody could come along and bring all the studs into the same stable like Cael, mind you, but I'm sure there are lots of guys who could "Larry Coker" their way to a title or three while the talent winds down.

So basically what you are saying is that once the athletes get there, Sanderson (or insert HC here)l does nothing with them? Am I reading you correctly?

Edited by Lurker

And I am agreeing with you but I've lived in PA my whole life and I do think there is a correlation between Paterno hero worship and Sanderson hero worship among a certain % of the population and I don't think regarding Paterno, it is small (but it is with Sanderson and they are the same people).

I have no issue with people thinking Sanderson is the best coach in college wrestling, nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Look, that is over. They paid their price. You are now making it uncomfortable for everyone reading this msg. board by continually dipping your toe back into that cesspool. 

In percentage terms, the people who can't see what happened there are small. Vocal, yes, but few in numbers and NOT HERE. And that is the point. Those people are not on this msg. board, so why do you keep bringing it back up? People who are fans of PSU wrestling have nothing to do with that. Continuing to bring it up like there is some illusory connection will ruin this msg. board. Don't go there. 

There will always be HateBots who know with 100% certainty that Paterno knew Sandusky to be a predator and covered up and the Joebots who know with equal certainty that Paterno did not believe it and would have done more if he did. I have no basis for knowing which view is correct and don't see either side as evil or more dangerous than the other. But trying to tarnish Cael fans by association with Joebots??? What's the point? That we should hate anyone who admires Cael because doing so enables predators? Sorry I don't get it.

I do agree with TBar that a wrestling forum is not the place for those factions to trumpet their biases. Same with Trump vs Resistance. Or Religious vs Atheists. Etc. I am a snowflake and want a wrestling safe space. I also want to be rich and irresistible to all women. Ain't happening. Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There will always be HateBots who know with 100% certainty that Paterno knew Sandusky to be a predator and covered up and the Joebots who know with equal certainty that Paterno did not believe it and would have done more if he did. I have no basis for knowing which view is correct and don't see either side as evil or more dangerous than the other. But trying to tarnish Cael fans by association with Joebots??? What's the point? That we should hate anyone who admires Cael because doing so enables predators? Sorry I don't get it.

I do agree with TBar that a wrestling forum is not the place for those factions to trumpet their biases. Same with Trump vs Resistance. Or Religious vs Atheists. Etc. I am a snowflake and want a wrestling safe space. I also want to be rich and irresistible to all women. Ain't happening. Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuck in the same boat as me, huh. At least my wife likes me, so I got that going for me. 

I guess coaches like Tom Brands, John Smith, Brian Smith, Pop and many more just haven' figured this out..

Not sure how its been "proven" that he is the best coach. Best recruiter, yes.

Kind of like saying Gable was a scrub and I could have coached all those teams to National Championships. Luke, the stupid is strong in this one.

Kind of like saying Gable was a scrub and I could have coached all those teams to National Championships. Luke, the stupid is strong in this one.

If Cael wrestled or coached at Iowa The untamed poultry would be Cael's biggest fan. It was really burn him up that hes associated with the Hawkeyes two most hated rivals.

I know i know.. theres no rivalry between Iowa and ISU...