Sign in to follow this  
Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Karelin about MMA

Alexander Karelin called mixed martial arts deprive state accreditation

Deputy of the State Duma, a three-time Olympic champion in Greco-Roman wrestling Alexander Karelin urged to deprive the state accreditation of mixed martial arts, because they do not believe the MMA sport.

Alexander Karelin called mixed martial arts deprive state accreditation According to him, this sport discipline is necessary to deprive the state accreditation.

Karelin believes that mixed martial arts - a system of competition, not a sport.

Renowned athlete said that the name of the MMA suggests a mixture of several kinds, in which athletes can act who achieved success in the fight.

"Let's go out to wrestling the master of sports and master of sports of boxing and apply their skills in a mixed style without restrictions," - said Karelin.

The MP also commented on the incident with the children fight in Grozny. He said that such fights are "the result of a system failure."

"If Fedor Emelianenko did not insist that there is such a discipline as mixed martial arts, it would not be in Grozny and children's fights" - Kalerin said.

He also stressed that the Chechen children, who since childhood "show fighting spirit", should be engaged in the traditional martial arts.

Recall that immediately after the suspension career in 2012. Fedor entered the Presidential Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, as well as led the new federation - the Union of MMA in Russia, which finally achieved that mixed martial arts was recognized as a sport in Russia and received official legalization.

hqdefault.jpg

The translation is a little shaky. Is he calling for all of MMA to be banned or just child MMA. I can certainly get behind the latter and it created a ****storm in the MMA community but the former is just fear-mongering.

The translation is a little shaky. Is he calling for all of MMA to be banned or just child MMA. I can certainly get behind the latter and it created a ****storm in the MMA community but the former is just fear-mongering.

thanks for criticism, and ya Karelin calling for all of MMA, but he said only in Russia, cause MMA is not legal sport, it is show when fighting two athletes from different martial sports style

Pankration is mix of boxing and wrestling, but legal

Russia has a great tradition in Pankration. I like very much the website pankration.ru . This style with the UWW ruleset (especially the Elite, with full contact striking with no gnp) is a very interesting sport and you can see a lot of takedowns and throws.

Today mma isn't a sport. It is a show like wwe...

Edited by WreslingSuperior

Russia has a great tradition in Pankration. I like very much the website pankration.ru . This style with the UWW ruleset (especially the Elite, with full contact striking with no gnp) is a very interesting sport and you can see a lot of takedowns and throws.

Today mma isn't a sport. It is a show like wwe...

i agree with u, MMA is show, not like WWE, but very close.... 

@Khuzin

I have another question. Is no-gi Grappling popular in Russia? The Russian Grappling federation is very close to Russian Wrestling and there are former freestyle wrestlers in the national team. In my opinion with the current UWW ruleset (2 points takedown and 3 points throw) Grappling is the best submission style...better than sambo and "freestyle friendly".

What do you think?

Edited by WreslingSuperior