tigerfan9311

Is this not forum worthy?

Minny suspends 4 wrestlers until Jan 1, related to the Xanax ring that was J's undoing.

Sounds like you're saying it stems from a legal issue.  The reason schools say 'violation of team rules' is because they don't share about legal issues and violating the law is a violation of team rules. 

Guest Kingsland

How does their lineup shake out now?

125 Petry/Polowski

133 S. Brancale

141 B.Brancale/ Marko

149 Stroker

157 Short

165 Kingsley

174 Wanzek

184 Stevson

197 Pfarr

285 Kroells

Guest Kingsland

I'm still scratching my head that short and Kingsley aren't projected starters.

Where weren't they projected starters? Most places I saw had Short at 157 Early at 165 and Kingsley at 174.

Forum Rules Addendums

Legal Matters: Legal issues surrounding athletes either in college or high school will be removed. 

Silly rule. If a college wrestler hacked Mark Palmer's cellphone and distributed his sex tape footage I would encourage all to post gifs and videos on this forum.

Suspended ... does that mean they can't practice or interact with team? Kinda like Brady with Patriots?

No contact, no coaching at RTC etc.?

I am fairly sure they are not allowed to have any contact what so ever with the team.  I am unsure if they are still allowed to use campus facilities (ie. weight-room, track, ect..).  Considering this is a University of Minnesota matter and not a NCAA, I would assume different rules apply.  

At my college if you were suspended by the college, you were pretty much on your own and were to have no contact with the team at all.  But, you were allowed to do check ins with your coach to assure you were serving you suspension and following all rules that went with the suspension. 

Nicky, thanks. What you describe does sound like a true suspension.

Silverback -- what you describe is a slap on the wrist. The term 'suspended from the team' does not sound appropriate in this situation.

I wonder what the real answer is.

Suspended ... does that mean they can't practice or interact with team? Kinda like Brady with Patriots?

No contact, no coaching at RTC etc.?

Per the Intermat article on the topic:

"The athletes are suspended only from competing. They can attend class and can practice with the team, spokesman Jake Ricker said."

That is very minor punishment then. Trying to think of a better word to use. Perhaps the wrestlers have to sit out the early part of the season. They are NOT suspended from the team.

I'm sure many families wish a school suspension just meant that the kids went to school, went to class, learned, all just as usual but simply were not allowed to take tests during the suspension period.