Sign in to follow this  
Cletus_Tucker

State titles from multiple states

The, if you could win a state title topic, got me thinking.  Who are some of the wrestlers who won state titles, from multiple states?

Henry Cejudo comes to mind, winning 2 in AZ and 2 in Colorado.  

Any other super studs to have conquered multiple states?   Anyone have 3 on their mantel?  Not looking for preps here, looking for traditional state titles.  I know Blair imports state champs all the time.   

I remember Pat McCaffery wanted to win 4 titles in four states. He won in Illinois and Iowa the first two years.  After that, he wound up in Colorado Springs and eventually the Naval Academy. 

I was thinking of McCaffery but could not recall how it turned out.    Didn't he try to go to PA next, but was ruled ineligible, and then went off to Colorado Springs?    

Anyone know how to track down the documentary on him?  

Interesting story, curious on what happened to him.   

I was thinking of McCaffery but could not recall how it turned out. Didn't he try to go to PA next, but was ruled ineligible, and then went off to Colorado Springs?

This should help!

http://m.navysports.com/m/sports/m-wrestl/mtt/mccaffrey_pat00.html

Didnt Mark Hall win it in middle school in Kentucky or Tennessee or something like that (before they moved to Minn)?

think he took 2nd in Kentucky before the move to Minnesota. 

Edited by KTG119

Can't remember the dude's name, but there was someone about 5 years ago who won IL and MI state titles. He was gonna go to University of Michigan, but apparently he didn't have the test scores or grades to attend the school.

Can't remember the dude's name, but there was someone about 5 years ago who won IL and MI state titles. He was gonna go to University of Michigan, but apparently he didn't have the test scores or grades to attend the school.

think that's Ben Whitford

I was thinking of McCaffery but could not recall how it turned out.    Didn't he try to go to PA next, but was ruled ineligible, and then went off to Colorado Springs?    

That documentary was intense as hell.  

The, if you could win a state title topic, got me thinking.  Who are some of the wrestlers who won state titles, from multiple states?

Henry Cejudo comes to mind, winning 2 in AZ and 2 in Colorado.  

Any other super studs to have conquered multiple states?   Anyone have 3 on their mantel?  Not looking for preps here, looking for traditional state titles.  I know Blair imports state champs all the time.

CT - you've been on these boards for years.  How do you (or even some other old timers) not know that one of the first answers to your question is:

Gary Witherspoon - 1x New Mexico, 1x Colorado, 2x Washington

1986-1989

i had a newspaper clipping about him from between his jr and sr year - the joke was 'what state next?'

he was one of Sports Illustrated's "Faces in the Crowd" after his 4th title

**quick Google search yielded this also:

--> source link here

BUDGIEUS.JPG

Edited by BamaGrappler