Sign in to follow this  
hammerlockthree

The NWCA being pathetic

Huge problems with the event that are just laziness

1) The announcers

2) Starting Insanely late because they were doing a bunch of garbage no one cares about

3) Not getting it on FLO (its hard work to watch it on Track)

4) An inexplicably ugly and distracting mat

I like the mat.  

Edited by stp

I have no issues with the announcers, Sparks is a very good play-by-play guy imo.  Much prefer that to his usual interview gig, which I hate in all sports. 

Was really easy to order for me, plus they email you a direct link to watch live or later. 

Don't like the fact that I have to watch so many ads for an event I paid $10 for. 

But yeah, the delay and pomp & circumstance between bouts isn't for me. 

I think the product is fine though...

Yeah paying $10 was ridiculous. It ran late! I don't want to pay to watch the ceremonial stuff.

It is Saturday night. You are competing with all kinds of entertainment, including a UFC event (crossover demographic). Why not wrestle the matches?

I had a group of people over to introduce them to wrestling because I thought there would be some good matches, but by the time the matches started everyone was just making fun of the production. Because it was terrible. And delayed.

Yeah paying $10 was ridiculous. It ran late! I don't want to pay to watch the ceremonial stuff.

And.... yet again the wrestling community being cheap. Tickets were $15, so even if you lived there you got to watch for cheaper at home on your couch with your favorite beverage.

And.... yet again the wrestling community being cheap. Tickets were $15, so even if you lived there you got to watch for cheaper at home on your couch with your favorite beverage.

I buy UFC events for far more and don't complain. I expect things I pay for to start on time and be somewhat professional.

I pay for Flo and it is usually great. I don't mind the occasional feed loss or mishap. The sport doesn't have the money to invest in production value like the main stream sports.

The overall presentation (and starting time) need tweaking but this was still a good production with good announcing and a quality stream.  Well worth my $10 and I hope to see Track continue to step up their game with streaming video. 

1. I thought the paint job on the mat was pretty cool. Good to see some different ideas being tried.

2. I don't appreciate doing a pay per view and then having to watch commercials. Make it free and run commercials or charge and go commercial free.

3. Loved that pin move Max Rohskopf over Murphy. Worth the ten bucks to see that move. He needs to go on tour and do a clinic on that one.

Flo has cut out on me threw out the day so far while I'm trying to watch the daktronics and south east open did the same on Friday during the dual and I pay far more then I do for a track event. The ceremonial stuff and the commercials for this event were annoying but at least it never cut out on me

Kind of an idiot comment and not relevant seeing how he has passed away and hasn't done an event in years.

You're right.  It's bad taste to comment on dead people and how they were at one time terrible sports commentators.  

I've always liked Shane Sparks, here in WI he would always travel around the state to broadcast as many high school wrestling matches as he could, and upload them all to this website, badgerstatewrestling.com .  Really great guy, and loves the sport of wrestling.  Very knowledgeable too.  The other guy, Olanowski I think, was saying a lot of cringe-worthy things IMO.  The delays were ridiculous.. But the video feed was good, so thats a positive.

Edited by LaxHawk174

The WIBN pays the NWCA for the rights to manage the All Star Classic. It was the WIBN's decision to give Track the rights to do so.

The NWCA was not involved in the decision to do so.  I do accept the feedback and going forward will allow for some changes. But recognize that commercials offset the cost of producing the production. 

The Mat was also a WIBN decision. Resilite worked with us on the design. It was done in the spirit of adding fun to the program. The feed back has been very positive. In fact, have heard from several coaches across the country interested in purchasing one for their program. The competitors enjoyed it.

These competitors and coaches don't have to participate in the Classic. They are volunteers just like everyone else. Its an event to promote the sport for the sport. Its all about giving back. No one individual profits! That said, we work hard to give the kids a great and unique experience. 

We included scholastic, youth, women and all divisions to demonstrate the quality of wrestling across the country and the diversity of the competitors. 

I absolutely applaud all the supporters, and am thankful to the NWCA for giving WIBN the opportunity to use this event as a vehicle for us to give back to the sport.  

Was at event. Thought NWCA did a decent job. Delay between matches had something to do with televising the event. That's got to get better. Mat was interesting. Most matches were really good...especially Ashnault's.

Yes, bringing up Blatnick was inappropriate.